Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should cops be able to shoot random (Innocent) people? [Not Confirming who they shoot at]

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

Dorner had a Grey Toyota Tundra. One of the vehicles they shot up was a Blue Toyota Tacoma.

And they didn't accidentally shot one bullet into this innocent civilians truck. I counted 46 (I might be off by one or two).

The second victim of Police shooting also the wrong color and model. And inside a skinny white guy.

And this isn't even the end. The Supsect is a tall (Near 6 feet), black, and 270 lbs.

They have shot at a truck with two Asian mexican ladies. And a truck with a white guy in it.

So unless two asian mexican ladies look like a black guy or a blue truck looks like a gray truck (Differen't model as well) something is clearly wrong here.

Someone made a joke that if you are a tall black man you need to stay inside for a few days. But since we have two asian mexican ladies and a white guy being shot at. It is pretty clear that if cops are around you are in danger (If you are in southern california at the moment).

Quote:

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

I agree this guy needs to be stopped. But is shooting 40+ bullets at every shadow that might be him really the best way to "catch" him?

An easy, "Please Come out with your hands up" Would have worked. Those people would have walked out of their vehicles and not been shot. Calling backup and following the vehicles would have worked as well.

Running the license plate numbers would show who they are as well.

This upsets me to no ends.

Normally there is a, "But if you look at it from this point it makes sense" Direction from the action Police perform.

But how do you shoot at the wrong truck 40+ times (That is the wrong color and model number) and they look nothing like the suspect. Or shoot at two asian mexican ladies, or a white guy when you are looking for a 6 foot, 270 lb, black guy?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Wow.   Super scary since this is local to me (near Irvine) and my Mom lives less than a mile from where they found his burning truck.

momma_sam
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM

oh my.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:04 AM
4 moms liked this

interesting the collateral damage they find accpetable when someone is after THEM

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:12 AM
4 moms liked this
I feel like they should call in a police force from somewhere else! I don't think they are only angry at him for killing those people! They want thim dead so he can't speak about the corruption and racism within the LAPD!

And just to be clear, I do not agree with him murdering anyone, and I hope they catch him soon! Without killing or shooting anymore civilians!
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

It was actually a grey Nissan Titan. And the cops were pulling over every Nissan Titan they spotted today. This one was reportedly close to the home of one of the people on Dorner's list. 

The shooting happened before sunrise; quite possible they didn't see the ladies. Since Dorner had already shot FOUR officers and killed one, I'm completely unsurprised they shot first and asked questions later.

But at the same time I won't blame the two innocent civilians one bit for filing a lawsuit. 

AMBG825
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Sorry. Not enough information. Do you have a news source that gives details on the incidents. Preferably not from YouTube.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Sigh. And it begins.
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
And btw, they aren't allowed to so your title is a crock of crap.
Megan11587
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
This is wrong even if it were the right person. Deadly force should only be used if the police or others around are in imminent, life threatening danger. Sitting in a car does not meet that criteria.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh sure, and cops always do what they're supposed to do! Their shit is coming to light! People have cameras on their phones now and a world wide web to expose these maniacs.

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

And btw, they aren't allowed to so your title is a crock of crap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN