Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should cops be able to shoot random (Innocent) people? [Not Confirming who they shoot at]

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

Dorner had a Grey Toyota Tundra. One of the vehicles they shot up was a Blue Toyota Tacoma.

And they didn't accidentally shot one bullet into this innocent civilians truck. I counted 46 (I might be off by one or two).

The second victim of Police shooting also the wrong color and model. And inside a skinny white guy.

And this isn't even the end. The Supsect is a tall (Near 6 feet), black, and 270 lbs.

They have shot at a truck with two Asian mexican ladies. And a truck with a white guy in it.

So unless two asian mexican ladies look like a black guy or a blue truck looks like a gray truck (Differen't model as well) something is clearly wrong here.

Someone made a joke that if you are a tall black man you need to stay inside for a few days. But since we have two asian mexican ladies and a white guy being shot at. It is pretty clear that if cops are around you are in danger (If you are in southern california at the moment).

Quote:

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

I agree this guy needs to be stopped. But is shooting 40+ bullets at every shadow that might be him really the best way to "catch" him?

An easy, "Please Come out with your hands up" Would have worked. Those people would have walked out of their vehicles and not been shot. Calling backup and following the vehicles would have worked as well.

Running the license plate numbers would show who they are as well.

This upsets me to no ends.

Normally there is a, "But if you look at it from this point it makes sense" Direction from the action Police perform.

But how do you shoot at the wrong truck 40+ times (That is the wrong color and model number) and they look nothing like the suspect. Or shoot at two asian mexican ladies, or a white guy when you are looking for a 6 foot, 270 lb, black guy?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (381-390):
AMBG825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I thought was pretty clear when I used the word "I"

Do you know what I means. Do we need to spend 5 pages defining the word I? If it is said I cannot make an assessment based on this information. Do we really need to go back and define the word I for you?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You do realize... We are not the people who are going to do the investigation, right? The officers involved have been put on leave. There will be an investigation.

We are not the people performing the investigation.

It was a mistaken identity is not a time line but it is an explanation. Why were these people shot? Tragic case of mistaken identity.

It doesn't say, "The police felt threatened by them". It doesn't say, "They did something that provoked the cops to fire". It doesn't say, "They were not listening". It says, "A tragic case of mistaken identity".

Which again. Goes along with every other story being put out.

I am not trying to get you to say anything. I am just pointing out that everyone is saying it is a tragic case of mistaken identity (Including the Police) and no one is even hinting at anything else going on.

Quoting AMBG825:

"it was mistaken identity" is not a timeline of events. It's not an investigation of what happened to cause the officers to start shooting. It does not answer the very big question.

WTF do you want me to say? Just tell me what it is you want to hear.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

The Police have released a statement saying what happened. Which is backed up by the statements released by the other two truck drivers.

No one (Again except for you) has said all cops are bad. No one (besides you) has said, "screw them get rid of them".

Do you ever get tired of making up lies about what people have said? Like the last two post where you suggest people want to nuke the police, torch schools, all cops are bad, or screw them no one has said that the cars drive themselves.

No one.

I -never- denied I used the word random. It's in the title and it's in my post. You are liar. A liar who doesn't understand the english language. Because if you did you would understand that when I am talking about random that I am talking about innocent people who are shot because the police officers shooting didn't confirm who they were shooting at.

Or are you suggesting that the Police knew the drivers were not Christopher Dorner and shot at them anyways? And if that happened. Why did they call it a case of mistaken identity?

Quoting AMBG825:

Then why are you so against trying to figure out what actually happened?

Tell us what you want to hear Frito? Do you want us to say all cops are bad screw em get rid of them or do you want to figure out why this happened so we can prevent it from happening?

either way the crap about the car driving itself is completely irrelevant. Who cares that we know there was a person driving the car. It's irrelevant. Has nothing to do with anything. We know it wasn't random so you spending 10 pages defining the word random and denying you ever used the word is irrelevant. WTF do you want to hear?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Straw man tactic, now, uh? With name calling. Awesome debate tactics.

No one said, "No investigation should happen".
No one said, "Let's nuke them"
No one said, "Let's torch the schools their kids go to"
No one said, "They shouldn't have kids"
No one said, "If you are married to a cop screw you!"

No one said anything remotely close to anything in your little tangent.

What people did say is that before a Police Officer pulls the trigger they should know who they are shooting at. People did say that if you cannot wait to see who you are shooting at before you shoot the Police Force might not be for them.

That doesn't mean all Police are bad. That doesn't even mean the Police who did the shooting are bad.  Everyone can agree they are under a lot of pressure and tension at the moment. But if they cannot work under pressure and tension they should not be working under pressure and tension.

That doesn't mean we should nuke them, harm their kids, or any of the other lies you conjured up.

Quoting AMBG825:

You win. Let's take every cop on the planet, round their asses up, no trial. No investigation and just drop them off on an island somewhere and nuke it. If we can find an island with some real tall trees, we'll hang them first. Cops kids - screw em. Let's torch their schools. They deserve it. They shouldn't have such a low life human being as their parent. And if you marry a cop ....screw you too. You deserve the same fate because you're a low life too. We don't care about investigating anything. That's too much work. You're going to that island.

Is that what you're looking to see Frito?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
What grouping of words do you want me to tell you that you will understand

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Who, exactly, do you think my hero is?

I have answered your question. The police agree. The victims agree. All the reporters agree. There is no one hinting at anything else having had happened.

The only person who does not agree with what has happened is you. You don't find that strange?

There you go with another lie. Prove I said i never used the word random. I know you won't. Because you haven't proved any of your statements. Because they are lies.

I have explained to you how I am using the word Random. If you cannot understand it. That is on you.

You are the only person suggesting these trucks drive on their own. Can you prove they drive on their own. Or are you just seeing how many lies you can do in a day?

Quoting AMBG825:

It does not answer what happened. What part of that do you not understand. We get they mistook these people for your hero. How is the question? They have not answered that.

Just tell me what you want to hear. What do you want me to tell you that will make you quite trying to tell me that you never used the word random and that cars are driving themselves? What? Tell me what you want to hear.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

This would be true. IF the Police didn't release a statement saying it was a Tragic case of mistaken identity which backs up every other story and backs up the statements released from the victims.

If the Police say, "It was a tragic case of mistaken identity" and that they are under high tension and pressure. Which backs up and is reinforced by every report and statement released by anyone else.

Why would you go out of your way to make up a random new story that goes AGAINST everything else that is out there? None of your made up scenarios are backed up by anything and they go against EVERYTHING being said.

Most of them make as much sense as your claims that vehicles are driving themselves. Or flying cars. Or Optimus prime. Or whatever else is going on in your head.

Quoting AMBG825:

Or, as I've already suggested several times, did they start to investigate who was driving and something happened that caused them to panic so they gave up on confirming and started shooting. (and if you go back through all your deflection posts, you'll see there are several scenarios I've mentioned that were legitimately possible based on the events we DO know happened.)

That is why I'm asking the question I'm asking. Each one of those scenarios deserves a different reaction. The policies put in place for future incidences will be directly related to the answer to the question of "why"? If it was your scenario 1. Then they need to go back to their hiring process. (Which we already know that they do based on Dorner himself) If it's scenario 2, they need to change their training procedures. If it's scenario 3, then they need to do both ....change their hiring process and their training procedures as well probably get word out to the public to not do certain things when they have cops behind them.

There is no one size fits all answer. The answer for the question you posed is dependent upon the chunk of information that we are missing.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Two situations played out:

1)They knew the people inside were not Christopher Dorner (Not Random).  They knew one was a women in her 40's with her mom in the 70's and decided to shoot them 50+ times and knew the other was a white guy who is 100 lbs lighter and white and shot at him anyways?

or

2) Did they think it was Christopher Dorner inside the vehicle but didn't check and shot up two different trucks where the driver was someone completely random? (Random)

If what you are saying is true and it wasn't random. Why did they call it a case of Mistaken Identity? Why would they lie about that? If they knew who was inside and shot at them for a specific reason why would they call it a case of mistaken identity? Why would they offer to replace the trucks, and pay for medical bills?

Or perhaps. The Police are not lying. It was a Tragic Case of Mistaken Identity.

AMBG825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I asked point blank. What do you want me to type up here. Yiu can't even answer that.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

This is common behavior for her. I consider it practice.

You should see her when she gets upset. She drops all sense of a debate and will just start cursing.

Quoting __Heather__:

I feel bad for the other poster who shares my name. She employs the same tactics of the government tyrants. Attempts to confuse the issue, make up lies, and play on emotions while trying to point away from the real issue is not an "in good faith" debate. She attempts to distort and shouldn't be responded to at this point.

For those that are awake, continue to watch this situation carefully. There is a million dollar reward out for Donner now and the media/the city officials are focusing on his actions and calling the abuse and criminality of the officers "a tragic misinterpretation". If the actions of these officers gets swept under the rug, expect worse violence and disregard for our rights as citizens. The chances of Donner being brought in alive with his cop friends hell bent on killing him and such a high bounty out on him is close to zero.

Peace ladies and thanks to those who debate in a dignified manner. I wanted to say goodbye and feel free to bash away, because I won't be posting to this thread again. Until next time mommas! ;)

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

What are you rambling about?

You do realize... We are not the people who are going to do the investigation, right? The officers involved have been put on leave. There will be an investigation.

It was a mistaken identity is not a time line but it is an explanation. Why were these people shot? Tragic case of mistaken identity.

It doesn't say, "The police felt threatened by them". It doesn't say, "They did something that provoked the cops to fire". It doesn't say, "They were not listening". It says, "A tragic case of mistaken identity".

I am not trying to get you to say anything. I am just pointing out that everyone is saying it is a tragic case of mistaken identity (Including the Police) and no one is even hinting at anything else going on.

Quoting AMBG825:

Do you know what I means. Do we need to spend 5 pages defining the word I? If it is said I cannot make an assessment based on this information. Do we really need to go back and define the word I for you?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

"it was mistaken identity" is not a timeline of events. It's not an investigation of what happened to cause the officers to start shooting. It does not answer the very big question.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

The Police have released a statement saying what happened. Which is backed up by the statements released by the other two truck drivers.

No one (Again except for you) has said all cops are bad. No one (besides you) has said, "screw them get rid of them".

Do you ever get tired of making up lies about what people have said? Like the last two post where you suggest people want to nuke the police, torch schools, all cops are bad, or screw them no one has said that the cars drive themselves.

No one.

I -never- denied I used the word random. It's in the title and it's in my post. You are liar. A liar who doesn't understand the english language. Because if you did you would understand that when I am talking about random that I am talking about innocent people who are shot because the police officers shooting didn't confirm who they were shooting at.

Or are you suggesting that the Police knew the drivers were not Christopher Dorner and shot at them anyways? And if that happened. Why did they call it a case of mistaken identity?

Quoting AMBG825:

Tell us what you want to hear Frito? Do you want us to say all cops are bad screw em get rid of them or do you want to figure out why this happened so we can prevent it from happening?

either way the crap about the car driving itself is completely irrelevant. Who cares that we know there was a person driving the car. It's irrelevant. Has nothing to do with anything. We know it wasn't random so you spending 10 pages defining the word random and denying you ever used the word is irrelevant. WTF do you want to hear?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

What people did say is that before a Police Officer pulls the trigger they should know who they are shooting at. People did say that if you cannot wait to see who you are shooting at before you shoot the Police Force might not be for them.

That doesn't mean all Police are bad. That doesn't even mean the Police who did the shooting are bad.  Everyone can agree they are under a lot of pressure and tension at the moment. But if they cannot work under pressure and tension they should not be working under pressure and tension.

That doesn't mean we should nuke them, harm their kids, or any of the other lies you conjured up.

Quoting AMBG825:

You win. Let's take every cop on the planet, round their asses up, no trial. No investigation and just drop them off on an island somewhere and nuke it. If we can find an island with some real tall trees, we'll hang them first. Cops kids - screw em. Let's torch their schools. They deserve it. They shouldn't have such a low life human being as their parent. And if you marry a cop ....screw you too. You deserve the same fate because you're a low life too. We don't care about investigating anything. That's too much work. You're going to that island.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I did answer. You just don't like my answer so you are pretending it doesn't exist. I am not trying to get you to type or say anything.

Quoting AMBG825:

I asked point blank. What do you want me to type up here. Yiu can't even answer that.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

This is common behavior for her. I consider it practice.

You should see her when she gets upset. She drops all sense of a debate and will just start cursing.

Quoting __Heather__:

I feel bad for the other poster who shares my name. She employs the same tactics of the government tyrants. Attempts to confuse the issue, make up lies, and play on emotions while trying to point away from the real issue is not an "in good faith" debate. She attempts to distort and shouldn't be responded to at this point.

For those that are awake, continue to watch this situation carefully. There is a million dollar reward out for Donner now and the media/the city officials are focusing on his actions and calling the abuse and criminality of the officers "a tragic misinterpretation". If the actions of these officers gets swept under the rug, expect worse violence and disregard for our rights as citizens. The chances of Donner being brought in alive with his cop friends hell bent on killing him and such a high bounty out on him is close to zero.

Peace ladies and thanks to those who debate in a dignified manner. I wanted to say goodbye and feel free to bash away, because I won't be posting to this thread again. Until next time mommas! ;)

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I have answered your question. The police agree. The victims agree. All the reporters agree. There is no one hinting at anything else having had happened.

The only person who does not agree with what has happened is you. You don't find that strange?

There you go with another lie. Prove I said i never used the word random. I know you won't. Because you haven't proved any of your statements. Because they are lies.

I have explained to you how I am using the word Random. If you cannot understand it. That is on you.

You are the only person suggesting these trucks drive on their own. Can you prove they drive on their own. Or are you just seeing how many lies you can do in a day?

Quoting AMBG825:

What grouping of words do you want me to tell you that you will understand

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

It does not answer what happened. What part of that do you not understand. We get they mistook these people for your hero. How is the question? They have not answered that.

Just tell me what you want to hear. What do you want me to tell you that will make you quite trying to tell me that you never used the word random and that cars are driving themselves? What? Tell me what you want to hear.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

This would be true. IF the Police didn't release a statement saying it was a Tragic case of mistaken identity which backs up every other story and backs up the statements released from the victims.

If the Police say, "It was a tragic case of mistaken identity" and that they are under high tension and pressure. Which backs up and is reinforced by every report and statement released by anyone else.

Why would you go out of your way to make up a random new story that goes AGAINST everything else that is out there? None of your made up scenarios are backed up by anything and they go against EVERYTHING being said.

Most of them make as much sense as your claims that vehicles are driving themselves. Or flying cars. Or Optimus prime. Or whatever else is going on in your head.

Quoting AMBG825:

Or, as I've already suggested several times, did they start to investigate who was driving and something happened that caused them to panic so they gave up on confirming and started shooting. (and if you go back through all your deflection posts, you'll see there are several scenarios I've mentioned that were legitimately possible based on the events we DO know happened.)

That is why I'm asking the question I'm asking. Each one of those scenarios deserves a different reaction. The policies put in place for future incidences will be directly related to the answer to the question of "why"? If it was your scenario 1. Then they need to go back to their hiring process. (Which we already know that they do based on Dorner himself) If it's scenario 2, they need to change their training procedures. If it's scenario 3, then they need to do both ....change their hiring process and their training procedures as well probably get word out to the public to not do certain things when they have cops behind them.

There is no one size fits all answer. The answer for the question you posed is dependent upon the chunk of information that we are missing.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Two situations played out:

1)They knew the people inside were not Christopher Dorner (Not Random).  They knew one was a women in her 40's with her mom in the 70's and decided to shoot them 50+ times and knew the other was a white guy who is 100 lbs lighter and white and shot at him anyways?

or

2) Did they think it was Christopher Dorner inside the vehicle but didn't check and shot up two different trucks where the driver was someone completely random? (Random)

If what you are saying is true and it wasn't random. Why did they call it a case of Mistaken Identity? Why would they lie about that? If they knew who was inside and shot at them for a specific reason why would they call it a case of mistaken identity? Why would they offer to replace the trucks, and pay for medical bills?

Or perhaps. The Police are not lying. It was a Tragic Case of Mistaken Identity.

Jami134
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Not on my screen.  She has photos and her words but no article.

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting Jami134:

Since the OP chose not to post the story that goes with the photograph, we have no way of knowing what happened or why.

The OP has the article right up there.

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Those police officers are no better than the man they are hunting IMO. They are just proving his point.
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

If I didn't give you a link..... Would you honestly say you have no way of knowing? Let me know if you need a link to anything else......

Quoting Jami134:

Not on my screen.  She has photos and her words but no article.

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting Jami134:

Since the OP chose not to post the story that goes with the photograph, we have no way of knowing what happened or why.

The OP has the article right up there.

AMBG825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I thought it was pretty clear back on page 2 when I said that there wasn't enough information to make a determination of what should be done.

Without having some very basic, elementary school questions answered, There is not enough information for me to answer your question.

and if you're going to sit there and cheer someone for doing the right thing and defend his actions when the "right thing" he's doing is killing cops, we all know you hate cops. And he's doing what we all know you'd like to be doing yourself. And being that you were in another thread saying the entire state of California conspired to get him fired from his job because LAPD owns everything and everyone in CA, then you must idolize him pretty well.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

No one.

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN