Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should cops be able to shoot random (Innocent) people? [Not Confirming who they shoot at]

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

Dorner had a Grey Toyota Tundra. One of the vehicles they shot up was a Blue Toyota Tacoma.

And they didn't accidentally shot one bullet into this innocent civilians truck. I counted 46 (I might be off by one or two).

The second victim of Police shooting also the wrong color and model. And inside a skinny white guy.

And this isn't even the end. The Supsect is a tall (Near 6 feet), black, and 270 lbs.

They have shot at a truck with two Asian mexican ladies. And a truck with a white guy in it.

So unless two asian mexican ladies look like a black guy or a blue truck looks like a gray truck (Differen't model as well) something is clearly wrong here.

Someone made a joke that if you are a tall black man you need to stay inside for a few days. But since we have two asian mexican ladies and a white guy being shot at. It is pretty clear that if cops are around you are in danger (If you are in southern california at the moment).

Quote:

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

I agree this guy needs to be stopped. But is shooting 40+ bullets at every shadow that might be him really the best way to "catch" him?

An easy, "Please Come out with your hands up" Would have worked. Those people would have walked out of their vehicles and not been shot. Calling backup and following the vehicles would have worked as well.

Running the license plate numbers would show who they are as well.

This upsets me to no ends.

Normally there is a, "But if you look at it from this point it makes sense" Direction from the action Police perform.

But how do you shoot at the wrong truck 40+ times (That is the wrong color and model number) and they look nothing like the suspect. Or shoot at two asian mexican ladies, or a white guy when you are looking for a 6 foot, 270 lb, black guy?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Of course the answer is no - The LAPD really want to get this guy. I'm wondering what he knows about the corruption. Killing innocent people is never ok but this is a bit sketchy in my opinion.

AMBG825
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

If that is the case then they should be fired.

Is there somewhere others can read that statement?

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

She came at me because I said they went against procedure. I have stated numerous time they are not allowed to do what they did.
And I wasn't calling you a cronie. I was talking about a real life situation my family has been through.

But we don't know if they followed procedures or not. There are no details of the incident to make that determination. Just being little old ladies does not mean they didn't do something stupid to warrant the situation. As the wife of an LE officer, how many times have you heard of some little old lady getting pulled over and trying to run the cops down with her car? We had a "little old lady" aim a gun at a cop here recently because he pulled her over for speeding. So just being 2 asian ladies (and what being asian has to do with anything I don't know) in a car does really say anything at all.

The LAPD statement said it was a tragic case of "mistaken identity". It seems if those people had done anything to warrant such a reaction, they would have jumped on it. 

AMBG825
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Okay post one.

Post the one from above that says what Krys says. Shouldn't be that hard if they are all over the place. Then see my response to Krys. See how easy it can be.

But no. yOu just want to make stuff up. And as you said ...you hate a cop that gets fired for reporting other officers misdeeds as much as you hate the one that commits the misdeed. So no, not just taking your word for it.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

She came at me because I said they went against procedure. I have stated numerous time they are not allowed to do what they did.
And I wasn't calling you a cronie. I was talking about a real life situation my family has been through.

But we don't know if they followed procedures or not. There are no details of the incident to make that determination. Just being little old ladies does not mean they didn't do something stupid to warrant the situation. As the wife of an LE officer, how many times have you heard of some little old lady getting pulled over and trying to run the cops down with her car? We had a "little old lady" aim a gun at a cop here recently because he pulled her over for speeding. So just being 2 asian ladies (and what being asian has to do with anything I don't know) in a car does really say anything at all.

There are articles all over about it. Take your pick. Besides "matching" the description (Which they don't) neither truck drivers were doing anything (illegal or wrong).

If these ladies were trying to run the cops down why are there 40+ bullet holes in the back? If they held a gun to the cops why is every news source citing the Police saying they thought it was a, 'match'? and then rush the people to the hospital instead of claiming they were defending themselves and instead of arresting the ones that are 'okay', they let them go?

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Does what Newspaper they were delivering really matter?

If they were doing some crime the police would not say, "We thought they matched the description" and rushing them to the hospital and letting the ones who were not hurt go. They would be arresting them.

Or in your world do Police have a new catch and release program where if they shoot at you more than 10 times and you don't die they let you go afterwards?

My point (In case you were missing it) is the Police have opened fire multiple times on people before even attempting to see if it is the right person.

In both cases running the license would be enough to show them it is the wrong person. If he switched his license plate then maybe it makes sense to call back up and then see if it is him. Ask him to surrender and turn himself in?

Perhaps shooting 40+ warning shots into the back of a truck just isn't the best idea.

Quoting AMBG825:

it was not immediately known what newspapers they were delivering or what led up to the events.

Doesn't say what you're claiming.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Is all you are capable of now is lies? Why don't you provide a link to prove your claim?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Quote:

The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.

It was not immediately known what newspapers the women were delivering. After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:

In Torrance, LAPD officers guarding one of Dorner's alleged targets mistakenly opened fire on a blue pickup truck that resembled one Dorner was thought to be driving, said Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck.

The gunfire left two people wounded, Beck said. Torrance police also fired on another blue pickup, but no one was injured in that incident, according to a senior law enforcement source.

Apparently resembled can mean, "It was a truck" since it was the wrong color and model, and the people driving looked nothing like the suspect.

Quoting AMBG825:

Surely you have a source other than yourself right? Can you post it please so us intelligent people can make an unbiased assessment?

I mean come on. Your last post on the police you claimed that attacking police officers with bottles, rocks and sticks was a "peaceful protest" and the officer should have stood there and been attacked. Not someone I'm going to be a credible source.

Just post a source. If it says EXACTLY what you are claiming ...that they randomly pulled over a vehicle and started shooting for absolutely no reason ....all for shits and grins. I will tell you that they were out of line and should be fired. I don't think it's an unreasonable request to ask you to (for once in your life) back up one of your paranoid claims.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You are going to make lies up now? I don't hate everyone who puts on a uniform or badge.

I do hate Police Officers who will shoot 40+ Bullets into the back of a truck that is the wrong color, wrong model, and the suspect looks nothing like the people int he truck. I do hate that it can happen twice in one day.

I do hate that a Police Officer who reports excessive violence gets fired while the one who did the violence  keeps his job.

But no-I don't hate Police Officers that are out there doing the right thing.

You can continue to lie if it makes you feel better. But it is not the truth.

There you go with that Youtube News lie again. Please show me one of my post that is based on Youtube. or do you want me to post my last 10 post again and prove to you (Or well everyone else) that you are a liar?

Oh look more lies and attempts at discrediting. I am no anarchist. Just because I don't support corruption and blind servitude does not make me an anarchist.

Do you think that truck shot itself in the back 40+ times? Do you think the two asian ladies deliverying papers looked like a 6 foot tall 270 lb black man?

Quoting AMBG825:

No need to be sorry.  There isn't enough information. There is no statement as to why it was actually pulled over and what led up to the events. Just your assessment and opinion of what happened. And quite honestly your opinion of events means nothing to anyone. The assessment of someone who has made it quite clear that they hate everyone who puts on a uniform and badge is not unbiased information. The opinion of someone who doesn't know police procedure or even what laws are is not a credible source of information. And quite frankly someone who can't count higher than 20 without the use of fingers and toes is not a credible source of information.

Now if you cite a source that says exactly what you're saying ....one that has both sides of the story (which btw wouldn't be YouTube news) then I'll agree with you that the cops were out of line. But the half baked opinion of an admitted anarchist is not enough information for intelligent people to draw conclusions on.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Sorry not enough information? What would qualify Police shooting at a truck that is the wrong color and model?

The two asian ladies were shot at around 5:00 am while they were on a news paper route delivering papers. Is driving slowly now qualify people to be shot at?

Is having a truck now grounds for cops to shoot at you 40+ times?

Is it now okay for Polica to shoot  40+ times at someone before verifying if the person is who they are after? Before even seeing if the person they are shooting even LOOKS like the person they are after. Is it now okay to shoot 40+ times before even asking the person to surrender or give himself up?

Quoting AMBG825:

Sorry. Not enough information. Do you have a news source that gives details on the incidents. Preferably not from YouTube.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Again. Lying. Is that all you do now?

I -NEVER- in my life said all cops are bad. Never. Are corrupt cops bad? Absolutely. There is a HUGE difference. Are do you believe ALL cops are corrupt? Because that is the only way your lie would go from a lie to being true.

I have already provided you with links pointing out the Police thought they had matches. When the Trucks are the wrong color, wrong model, and the people look nothing like him.

If you are so set in stone believing these people were committing crimes, or doing something wrong. Why don't you find an article that supports your claims?

Quoting AMBG825:

Okay post one.

Post the one from above that says what Krys says. Shouldn't be that hard if they are all over the place. Then see my response to Krys. See how easy it can be.

But no. yOu just want to make stuff up. And as you said ...you hate a cop that gets fired for reporting other officers misdeeds as much as you hate the one that commits the misdeed. So no, not just taking your word for it.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

There are articles all over about it. Take your pick. Besides "matching" the description (Which they don't) neither truck drivers were doing anything (illegal or wrong).

If these ladies were trying to run the cops down why are there 40+ bullet holes in the back? If they held a gun to the cops why is every news source citing the Police saying they thought it was a, 'match'? and then rush the people to the hospital instead of claiming they were defending themselves and instead of arresting the ones that are 'okay', they let them go?

AMBG825
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Everyone who is injured, whether by the police or when the police get there get treated. What happens after isn't an indication of what happened before. That wasn't what was asked.

Is it really such an issue with you to back up your wild claims? It's a simple request. Show us something other than your usual hysterical rantings that the police are going out shooting people for fun. That is what you're claiming. They did it for a lark. Prove it.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

If they were doing some crime the police would not say, "We thought they matched the description" and rushing them to the hospital and letting the ones who were not hurt go. They would be arresting them.

Or in your world do Police have a new catch and release program where if they shoot at you more than 10 times and you don't die they let you go afterwards?

My point (In case you were missing it) is the Police have opened fire multiple times on people before even attempting to see if it is the right person.

In both cases running the license would be enough to show them it is the wrong person. If he switched his license plate then maybe it makes sense to call back up and then see if it is him. Ask him to surrender and turn himself in?

Perhaps shooting 40+ warning shots into the back of a truck just isn't the best idea.

Quoting AMBG825:

it was not immediately known what newspapers they were delivering or what led up to the events.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Is all you are capable of now is lies? Why don't you provide a link to prove your claim?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Quote:

The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.

It was not immediately known what newspapers the women were delivering. After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.

Quote:

In Torrance, LAPD officers guarding one of Dorner's alleged targets mistakenly opened fire on a blue pickup truck that resembled one Dorner was thought to be driving, said Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck.

The gunfire left two people wounded, Beck said. Torrance police also fired on another blue pickup, but no one was injured in that incident, according to a senior law enforcement source.

Apparently resembled can mean, "It was a truck" since it was the wrong color and model, and the people driving looked nothing like the suspect.

Quoting AMBG825:

Surely you have a source other than yourself right? Can you post it please so us intelligent people can make an unbiased assessment?

I mean come on. Your last post on the police you claimed that attacking police officers with bottles, rocks and sticks was a "peaceful protest" and the officer should have stood there and been attacked. Not someone I'm going to be a credible source.

Just post a source. If it says EXACTLY what you are claiming ...that they randomly pulled over a vehicle and started shooting for absolutely no reason ....all for shits and grins. I will tell you that they were out of line and should be fired. I don't think it's an unreasonable request to ask you to (for once in your life) back up one of your paranoid claims.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You are going to make lies up now? I don't hate everyone who puts on a uniform or badge.

I do hate Police Officers who will shoot 40+ Bullets into the back of a truck that is the wrong color, wrong model, and the suspect looks nothing like the people int he truck. I do hate that it can happen twice in one day.

I do hate that a Police Officer who reports excessive violence gets fired while the one who did the violence  keeps his job.

There you go with that Youtube News lie again. Please show me one of my post that is based on Youtube. or do you want me to post my last 10 post again and prove to you (Or well everyone else) that you are a liar?

Oh look more lies and attempts at discrediting. I am no anarchist. Just because I don't support corruption and blind servitude does not make me an anarchist.

Do you think that truck shot itself in the back 40+ times? Do you think the two asian ladies deliverying papers looked like a 6 foot tall 270 lb black man?

Quoting AMBG825:

No need to be sorry.  There isn't enough information. There is no statement as to why it was actually pulled over and what led up to the events. Just your assessment and opinion of what happened. And quite honestly your opinion of events means nothing to anyone. The assessment of someone who has made it quite clear that they hate everyone who puts on a uniform and badge is not unbiased information. The opinion of someone who doesn't know police procedure or even what laws are is not a credible source of information. And quite frankly someone who can't count higher than 20 without the use of fingers and toes is not a credible source of information.

Now if you cite a source that says exactly what you're saying ....one that has both sides of the story (which btw wouldn't be YouTube news) then I'll agree with you that the cops were out of line. But the half baked opinion of an admitted anarchist is not enough information for intelligent people to draw conclusions on.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Sorry not enough information? What would qualify Police shooting at a truck that is the wrong color and model?

The two asian ladies were shot at around 5:00 am while they were on a news paper route delivering papers. Is driving slowly now qualify people to be shot at?

Is it now okay for Polica to shoot  40+ times at someone before verifying if the person is who they are after? Before even seeing if the person they are shooting even LOOKS like the person they are after. Is it now okay to shoot 40+ times before even asking the person to surrender or give himself up?

Quoting AMBG825:

Sorry. Not enough information. Do you have a news source that gives details on the incidents. Preferably not from YouTube.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I will admit I exaggerated a bit. The police claim they "matched" the description.

One was a truck at 5:00AM where the ladies were delivering news papers. Their lights were off (because they don't want to wake people) and they were driving slow (Because they were delivering papers) so the Police assumed it was him and opened fire into the back of the truck  40 times.

So in their mind they "matched" the description. Besides being the wrong color, wrong model, and looking nothing like the suspect. So match has to be used here in the loses sense of the word.

If they bothered trying to arrest him at all (if it was him) they would have quickly realized it was not him. But opening fire without doing any sort of checks. Well that seems wrong to me.

I am not sure what happened with the other truck that was shot. Besides, "They thought it was a match" I haven't read anything else in that situation.

But these are innocent people being shot at. Almost at random (While they have trucks). If the Police followed any sort of procedure I imagine they wouldn't be shooting first and asking questions later.

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

The LAPD statement said it was a tragic case of "mistaken identity". It seems if those people had done anything to warrant such a reaction, they would have jumped on it. 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Do you ever stop lying?

I -NEVER- said the Police are doing it for fun. For kicks and giggles. NEVER. Can you quote me suggesting that?

I did say they are shooting at random innocent people. These people are random and innocent. The truck doesn't need to match the color, or model, they don't have to look anything like the suspect. That means they can be completely random.

I have already provided you with two links pointing out the Police told the reporters it was a case of they thought the descriptions matched.

Quoting AMBG825:

Everyone who is injured, whether by the police or when the police get there get treated. What happens after isn't an indication of what happened before. That wasn't what was asked.

Is it really such an issue with you to back up your wild claims? It's a simple request. Show us something other than your usual hysterical rantings that the police are going out shooting people for fun. That is what you're claiming. They did it for a lark. Prove it.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

AMBG825
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

You have provided no link that says what you're claiming that the police are now running around shooting people just because they feel like it.

SOMEONE ELSE, has said it was a case of mistaken identity according to the department. You haven't even provided that. Because if you had, you would already have seen that okay I would agree that the officers should be fired. At minimum severely disciplined and not allowed back out on the street. But you have not provided one shred of proof that they are just shooting people for the fun of it.

and you did say you hate the cop that got fired for reporting misdeeds as much you do the one that committed the misdeeds. Nothing made up there. And THAT'S why YOU aren't a credible source.

But I did want to congratulate you on being able to count past 20 now? Have you figured out the difference between "all" and "some" yet?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Again. Lying. Is that all you do now?

I -NEVER- in my life said all cops are bad. Never. Are corrupt cops bad? Absolutely. There is a HUGE difference. Are do you believe ALL cops are corrupt? Because that is the only way your lie would go from a lie to being true.

I have already provided you with links pointing out the Police thought they had matches. When the Trucks are the wrong color, wrong model, and the people look nothing like him.

If you are so set in stone believing these people were committing crimes, or doing something wrong. Why don't you find an article that supports your claims?

Quoting AMBG825:

Okay post one.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Yes, it was from a press conference. 

This is from huffpo, but there are other sources:

In a press conference Thursday morning, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck confirmed that police shot innocent bystanders during the hunt for Dorner. He detailed the two victims' gunshot wounds:

"One has a minor gunshot wound and is in the process of being released. The second person is in stable condition, with two gunshot wounds," said Chief Beck. "Tragically, we believe this was a case of mistaken identity by the officers."

source

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)