Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What's in your blizzard survival kit?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're expected to get 12" or so by the time the storm ends, which isn't a ton in the grand scheme (hello, 3 feet in Boston!) but I still made sure to load up on supplies.

My must-have item(s) are baking ingredients, since baking doubles as a fun activity as well as a tasty treat in the end. I actually grabbed a whoopie pie kit this time, just for something different (and easy). :)

What do you stock up on?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
muffttcacupcake
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Im a couponer , and a little on the extreem side  soI have a stockpile that would sustain 4 families  for at least 6 months 

caito
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My blizzard survival kit? Eheheh. We don't have blizzards here. I've never experienced a blizzard.

Cafe Amanda
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

They've revised the forecast for my area and it looks like we'll be lucky to get a few inches now, ha!

Jers.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Snow doesn't bother us - we are used to it - but, snowdays are usually pajama days.  Big brunch, netflix, everyone on the couch, etc while we wait for the plows.   I do prepare for power outages tho and the wind is supposed to pick up Saturday, so I'm more worried about that. Made sure we have gas for the grill and heaters.

MrS.GiFFord
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Nothing. We live in the South lol.

Briyawna
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Getting 12" of snow within 1-2 days is normal for us in northern new york... so we don't really have a "blizzrd kit".. we have seven 2 liters of water and a crap ton of batteries but thats pretty much it, im not worried about anything.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
This. 12 inches is nothing.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I don't stock up on anything. I live in a snow state. We just get out our shovels and snow blowers and move on with our lives.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Milk, bread, and toilet paper, and booze- the same thing that's in every other pittsburgher's blizzard supply LOL

miss_lisa
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
We lose our power frequently and sometimes for long periods (more than a day) with blizzards. So our kit includes a propane powered indoor space heater, battery operated carbon monoxide alarm, generator, canned goods that are rotated out so they don't expire, water (also rotated out), propane grill, and a crapload of propane and a couple of full gas cans. We cycle out the gas in the gas cans too.
NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Our compound is well equipped for this scenario. We always have two months worth of food on hand, we have a natural spring and well water, wood stove with plenty of wood, propane stove, extra batteries for everything in the house, lanterns and candles, and all the required essentials for playing outside.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN