Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's in your blizzard survival kit?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're expected to get 12" or so by the time the storm ends, which isn't a ton in the grand scheme (hello, 3 feet in Boston!) but I still made sure to load up on supplies.

My must-have item(s) are baking ingredients, since baking doubles as a fun activity as well as a tasty treat in the end. I actually grabbed a whoopie pie kit this time, just for something different (and easy). :)

What do you stock up on?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

If I was in the blizzard it would have duct tape, diapers and booze. I would duct tape my kids mouths, put them in diapers and drink myself sleepy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Nicki1995
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

We dont. Never get snow here, so no need. We always fill up water pitchers, the bath tubs, and we have plenty of food for if the electricity goes out from Tornadic weather though.

Mommysmonsters
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Nothin cause I live in Texas and its 72 today :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4music
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

About 120 bottles of wine in the basment big smile mini

btamilee
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Bottled water, chocolate, pellets for the stove....and beer.  I think I am all set...

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

When we lived outside of Boston(Weymouth), we used to stock up on food, candles and make sure we had a radio that would run on batterys.  That is about all I remember, it has been a while since we lived there :)

motha2daDuchess
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM
southern arizona here, what is snow?
kattu
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
This. Plus the generator so I don't have to drag it through the snow, just in case.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I don't stock up on anything. I live in a snow state. We just get out our shovels and snow blowers and move on with our lives.

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Nothing, I'm used to it. I live in southern ontario so it's not a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Now I can tell you what we have for hurricanes:

Bathtubs filled with water. 

1 gallon of water for drinking per person per day ( many you would not get how hot it is going to be after that hurricane knocks out power)

Enough food that doesn't require cooking for everyone for 10 days to 2 weeks.

Ziploc bag containing important documents, photos, medicines that is carried by someone at all times during the hurricane in case you have to leave.

Pet food for 2-4 weeks.

Generator filled and gas cans filled to run the freezer and other electrics as needed.

Charcoal for the BBQ

Batteries for all radios, flashlights, and toys

Beer, wine, whiskey, tequila, rum, vodka, gin, club soda, limes and lemons (If I am stuck with 90% humidity, 95 degrees, no AC, and bored kids who I have to keep lecturing not to go look for snakes, I am drinking)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured