Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicago Police Want 12 Percent Pay Raise

Posted by   + Show Post

CHICAGO (CBS) — Contract demands by Chicago police officers include much higher pay and something you might not have imagined.

Chicago police are reportedly proposing in negotiations that their pay increase by 12 percent over two years.

The union also wants officers to get extra money because they are required to live in the city.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the union is proposing a residency stipend of $3,000 per officer.

Police also want to pay less for their health insurance and get more money for their uniform allowance.

The Sun-Times reports, officers also want to reach the top of the pay scale after 20 years, rather than the current 25 years.

To top pay for a patrol officer is $86,000 a year.

source

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Replies (41-47):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

And where do they think this raise is going to come from?

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Oh please.  In Minneapolis they do the same thing, they are not going to send out a cop on the fly because your garage was broken into.  As a matter of fact here in Saint Paul that exact thing happened to me, my garage was broken into and my car was tossed.  I called 911, and the transferred me to the reporting line.  No one came out or investigated.  

You want to complain about the high crime in Chicage but don't want the cops to make a living wage in order to fight it.  You have make enough money to live in the city you work in, you know.   

Quoting candlegal:

probably but they aren't in the news for not wanting to respond to 911 calls anymore.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

In other news, police officers in Philly, San Jose, Indianapolis, NYC, etc. are also seeking pay raises. Makes sense police officers would want higher pay and better benefits, no?

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I want a 12% raise... we are lucky to get 2.5%-3.5% increases

who gets a 12% raise these days?

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

well, if they cut half the staff then maybe they can dole out raises that way.....   (not really..) 

Quoting kailu1835:

And where do they think this raise is going to come from?

charliebean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
From what I hear about the CPD, they don't deserve raises.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

It's called a starting point. They know full well that the city wont give that but they have been without a raise/contract for a long time. However, the aldermen found money to give themselves raises. For a Part time job

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I want a 12% raise... we are lucky to get 2.5%-3.5% increases

who gets a 12% raise these days?

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I think you hear wrong. They work hard, they have squads that shouldn' t be on the road, they put their lives on the line everytime they walk into work. 

Quoting charliebean:

From what I hear about the CPD, they don't deserve raises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured