Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Quote:

Christopher Dorner Fans On Facebook, Twitter Call Alleged Cop Killer A 'Hero,' Citing Police Brutality

Posted: 02/08/2013 5:21 pm EST  |  Updated: 02/08/2013 6:08 pm EST

Call it the "Dark Knight Complex." In the age of the Internet and social media, behind certain high-profile alleged murderers, there are loyal fans.

Supporters of Christopher Dorner, the former LA policeman turned "cop killer," have shown up online, with tweets and fan pages on Facebook. Some call Dorner a "hero" for writing a nine-page manifesto alleged on racism and corruption within the LAPD.

Numerous supporters on Twitter are calling the alleged murderer a "Dark Knight."One Facebook page calls him "the hero LA deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... He's a silent guardian, watchful protector against corruption, he's our Dark Knight."

The vast majority of Americans are horrified that Dorner declared "war" on the LAPD and has allegedly killed three individuals so far. But the public disgust seems to add fuel to the fire for his followers, as it does with skeptics of 9/11, the Aurora massacre and the Newtown massacre.

However, it is clear that Dorner's fans have a more issue-driven focus than, for example, the fans, or "Holmies," of alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes.

Dorner's supporters say the media should be focusing on police brutality and officer-involved deaths as much as they are on this alleged killer.

Police are desperately continuing a massive manhunt across three states and Mexico in search of Dorner, who claims he was fired by a racist, corrupt police force. In their search for the dangerous police- and military-trained man, officers accidentally shot two innocent Latina women Thursday. Some of Dorner's fans have criticized the incident as an example of the police's "shoot first, ask later" approach and say Dorner is giving police a taste of their own medicine..

"This is an intelligent man who has stared into the dark heart of corruption," Ruth Iorio, a 33-year-old LA screenwriter, wrote to HuffPost in a Facebook message. "Now he's taking vengeance upon it, trying to turn the LAPD into the victims they have persecuted, including Kendrec McDade, Alisia Thomas and Kelly Thomas."

Edward D., 25, told HuffPost that he started the Facebook fan page "Christopher Dorner" to "wake up the citizens and force police departments to change their ways. If they learn from this, it shouldn't happen again." He continued, quoting President Kennedy, in a Facebook message, "'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable.' -JFK"

The individual behind the Facebook page "I support Christopher Jordan Dorner" explained to HuffPost that he started the page to steer the conversation away from Dorner's mental health.

"I knew that the media was going to turn this into just another 'He's a psycho ex-cop ex-military that went insane' story, and wanted to show that there was more to what was going on than that," the individual, who wishes to remain anonymous, wrote in a Facebook message. "There is a huge underlying story of police corruption and the plight of a man that tried his best to do good but was relentlessly punished for it."

The page has over 1,600 likes as of Friday afternoon.

Click through other comments supporting Dorner and/or his plea to end police brutality and racism:

Support for Cop Killer
1 of 17
  • Next
 share
 tweet

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this

There is so much more going on. The media is spinning this so hard, most people are not buying it. I'm glad about that much. 

What if he didn't kill the daughter and her fiance? What if he was only killing the corrupt cops? What if that was tacked on or something else happened and they are trying to paint him as a cold blooded killer?

I'm not saying that is what is actually happening. I honestly don't know. I'm not there. But I would not be surprised if something else happened and he's being pinned for something he didn't do, again. 

We'll probably never even know. I don't trust the media on this one. They are doing a shit job covering what is going on. 

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

yeeeeeah....i wouldnt call him a hero.....we were supposed to take ds to big bear this weekend but since this is going on we decided to skip it.....sucks cuz its snowing up there right now

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't think people are making excuses as much as people are expressing that they understand the mental break he's having. This guy isn't going to come out alive, and I hope they can stop him before he hurts anyone else, but he's shedding light on a corrupted system that many people have wanted exposed for a very long time.

Quoting Thomigirl:

OK...I realize that I've been preoccupied with the storm and all and I haven't been following this story, but....no this mudda fucka didn't?  His ass killed people and you are making excuses. Pulling the race card. Corruption in the LAPD? Ya don't say.  You cowardly piece of shit. Killing people for what? Because of corruption? Can't believe he has 'fans'. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't finished reading all of this yet, but I just wanted to make a comment.  My thoughts about C. Dorner, had me really thinking.  I know this sounds crazy, but I really feel sorry for him.  I know what he has done is so wrong & terrible.  I guess I would understand him better, if he would of just took it out on those that was responsible for firing him & involved in what he has experienced. 

But, his messege is completely shut down now, because of what he did.  I just don't get it, if he was so against the LAPD, that's one thing, shoot ONLY those that are involved with the corruption.  But, how he justifes killing innocent people I have no idea.  Aside from all the wrong he has done, I kinda felt sorry for him.  idk.  I guess, because he saw something  happen while he was with the LAPD, reported it, & look what he got for that.  He did the right thing, yet they fired him. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I agree.  That's the part where I felt really bad for him.  He said that he doesn't care if he dies, he died the day they fire him.  But, the thing is, we all probably had injustices done to us.  But, we don't flip out that way.  I just don't understand, he had a great messege to send.  I just wish he would of tried harder to fight to get the messege out there.  But, I can image the LAPD being so corrupt, that he felt there was no way to get his messege out.  :(  So, I guess he just snapped.  idk. 

What I was thinking is, the very thing he was trying to fight against.  Which to me is the 'innocent' people.  Is the ones he shot & killed.  Maybe, in his mind, he felt ALL police officers went along with it?  ALL police officers are corrupt?  But, then why kill that young couple?  That makes no sense at all.   

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't think people are making excuses as much as people are expressing that they understand the mental break he's having. This guy isn't going to come out alive, and I hope they can stop him before he hurts anyone else, but he's shedding light on a corrupted system that many people have wanted exposed for a very long time.

Quoting Thomigirl:

OK...I realize that I've been preoccupied with the storm and all and I haven't been following this story, but....no this mudda fucka didn't?  His ass killed people and you are making excuses. Pulling the race card. Corruption in the LAPD? Ya don't say.  You cowardly piece of shit. Killing people for what? Because of corruption? Can't believe he has 'fans'. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Yeah, we don't live far from Big Bear too.  I've been wanting to go up there for awhile now.   Guess,  I better stay away.  I don't believe that Dorner was up there long.  Just long enough to get his truck up the mountain & set it on fire.  To throw the police off.  He knows what he is doing.  I'm actually kinda surprised how the police/swat/FBI, just had all those personal up there. 

I kinda knew Dorner was long gone by then.  We heard all the helicopters as they were heading to Big Bear.  We do our boating there & all our hikes up there.  In the area where his truck was on fire, was a pretty remote area.  It's way up the mountain in the higher elevation.   

Quoting redbutterfly666:

yeeeeeah....i wouldnt call him a hero.....we were supposed to take ds to big bear this weekend but since this is going on we decided to skip it.....sucks cuz its snowing up there right now

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Wow. It's allll abouuutttt you.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM

No, I believe he admitted to those killings on his facebook.  I remember hearing that he will never be able to be a dad.  Therefore, part of his 'revenge' was taking away the man that was supposedly defending him in his hearing, where he will be fired or not.  Well Dorner felt he did a bad job, so the revenge was on him.  (his lawyer), therefore killing his daughter & her finance.  Sad.   

Quoting mehamil1:

There is so much more going on. The media is spinning this so hard, most people are not buying it. I'm glad about that much. 

What if he didn't kill the daughter and her fiance? What if he was only killing the corrupt cops? What if that was tacked on or something else happened and they are trying to paint him as a cold blooded killer?

I'm not saying that is what is actually happening. I honestly don't know. I'm not there. But I would not be surprised if something else happened and he's being pinned for something he didn't do, again. 

We'll probably never even know. I don't trust the media on this one. They are doing a shit job covering what is going on. 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I agree.  That's the part where I felt really bad for him.  He said that he doesn't care if he dies, he died the day they fire him.  But, the thing is, we all probably had injustices done to us.  But, we don't flip out that way.  I just don't understand, he had a great messege to send.  I just wish he would of tried harder to fight to get the messege out there.  But, I can image the LAPD being so corrupt, that he felt there was no way to get his messege out.  :(  So, I guess he just snapped.  idk. 

What I was thinking is, the very thing he was trying to fight against.  Which to me is the 'innocent' people.  Is the ones he shot & killed.  Maybe, in his mind, he felt ALL police officers went along with it?  ALL police officers are corrupt?  But, then why kill that young couple?  That makes no sense at all.   

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Thomigirl:

...aaaand the Ramblefest Award goes! to! ...

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM

?  Correction:  "the very people he was trying to defend....innocent people....he ended up shooting innocent people"....

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by what you just posted to me?   

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Thomigirl:

...aaaand the Ramblefest Award goes! to! ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN