Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Quote:

Christopher Dorner Fans On Facebook, Twitter Call Alleged Cop Killer A 'Hero,' Citing Police Brutality

Posted: 02/08/2013 5:21 pm EST  |  Updated: 02/08/2013 6:08 pm EST

Call it the "Dark Knight Complex." In the age of the Internet and social media, behind certain high-profile alleged murderers, there are loyal fans.

Supporters of Christopher Dorner, the former LA policeman turned "cop killer," have shown up online, with tweets and fan pages on Facebook. Some call Dorner a "hero" for writing a nine-page manifesto alleged on racism and corruption within the LAPD.

Numerous supporters on Twitter are calling the alleged murderer a "Dark Knight."One Facebook page calls him "the hero LA deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... He's a silent guardian, watchful protector against corruption, he's our Dark Knight."

The vast majority of Americans are horrified that Dorner declared "war" on the LAPD and has allegedly killed three individuals so far. But the public disgust seems to add fuel to the fire for his followers, as it does with skeptics of 9/11, the Aurora massacre and the Newtown massacre.

However, it is clear that Dorner's fans have a more issue-driven focus than, for example, the fans, or "Holmies," of alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes.

Dorner's supporters say the media should be focusing on police brutality and officer-involved deaths as much as they are on this alleged killer.

Police are desperately continuing a massive manhunt across three states and Mexico in search of Dorner, who claims he was fired by a racist, corrupt police force. In their search for the dangerous police- and military-trained man, officers accidentally shot two innocent Latina women Thursday. Some of Dorner's fans have criticized the incident as an example of the police's "shoot first, ask later" approach and say Dorner is giving police a taste of their own medicine..

"This is an intelligent man who has stared into the dark heart of corruption," Ruth Iorio, a 33-year-old LA screenwriter, wrote to HuffPost in a Facebook message. "Now he's taking vengeance upon it, trying to turn the LAPD into the victims they have persecuted, including Kendrec McDade, Alisia Thomas and Kelly Thomas."

Edward D., 25, told HuffPost that he started the Facebook fan page "Christopher Dorner" to "wake up the citizens and force police departments to change their ways. If they learn from this, it shouldn't happen again." He continued, quoting President Kennedy, in a Facebook message, "'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable.' -JFK"

The individual behind the Facebook page "I support Christopher Jordan Dorner" explained to HuffPost that he started the page to steer the conversation away from Dorner's mental health.

"I knew that the media was going to turn this into just another 'He's a psycho ex-cop ex-military that went insane' story, and wanted to show that there was more to what was going on than that," the individual, who wishes to remain anonymous, wrote in a Facebook message. "There is a huge underlying story of police corruption and the plight of a man that tried his best to do good but was relentlessly punished for it."

The page has over 1,600 likes as of Friday afternoon.

Click through other comments supporting Dorner and/or his plea to end police brutality and racism:

Support for Cop Killer
1 of 17
  • Next
 share
 tweet

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM

He is a great horse.  He is one anyone can ride.  If you have never been on a horse he is the one we put you on.  His name is gunner.

Quoting mehamil1:

I want that horse. Animals in general. I love them. 

Quoting Carpy:

This is Ty.

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because the guy is crazy, that doesn't mean his allegations are false.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LetoLiebe
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Topic: LAST RESORT....Conclusion: He's nuts. 

A bigot in his own right, taking on carying the cross of of the suffering of the the African American people over the past "400 years", setting up and justifying an "us against them" mentality and then insinuating that violence toward any one cherished and valuable to the perceived or actual wrong doer is ok to meet the end goal of justice. If the LAPD is indeed corrupt, as I suspect may be true to a point, then that needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP, but this guy simply came across a cause to put a noble face on his mental issues, so did Hitler and Charles Manson. Take a bit of truth, or socially perceived truth, turn it in to a relatable casue and all of the sudden killing is justified. As for a fan club supporting this guys antics, that's just crazy. People can be so stupid. Race just gets people all kinds of crazy, I swear.  

AMBG825
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

That is because they are incapable of critical thinking.

There is no way he was fired for blowing the whistle on another officer. If that is the case, he'd be a very rich man right now because there are laws that protect him from just that. He would have sued the city for violating the Whistleblower Protection Act. If the city came to him and told him he was being fired for ratting out a corrupt officer, he wouldn't be out killing cops right now. He'd be out picking out the mansion he's going to buy.

This guy was fired for something else. Judging by the fact that he completely lost his mind and went on a killing spree ...I'm going to say he was fired for psychological reasons.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
This makes me sick. I don't remember who said it, but I agree with the idea of bringing in a different department to deal with this manhunt. Emotions are riding very high within the department to where judgement will be off. It'll cost more money to do it, but it wil save lives. Cops aren't perfect, they are human. And part if their family was murdered in cold blood. They are too close to the situation to handle it well.

Just my 2 cents from behind the blue line.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I think Dorner lost all faith in humanity and snapped. I think he's killing innocents because, quite frankly, he just doesn't care anymore. There's a reason I think that and it's this http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/la-manhunt-suspect-christopher-dorner-once-lived-in-enid-oklahoma-and-returned-8000-found-in-road.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I agree.  That's the part where I felt really bad for him.  He said that he doesn't care if he dies, he died the day they fire him.  But, the thing is, we all probably had injustices done to us.  But, we don't flip out that way.  I just don't understand, he had a great messege to send.  I just wish he would of tried harder to fight to get the messege out there.  But, I can image the LAPD being so corrupt, that he felt there was no way to get his messege out.  :(  So, I guess he just snapped.  idk. 

What I was thinking is, the very thing he was trying to fight against.  Which to me is the 'innocent' people.  Is the ones he shot & killed.  Maybe, in his mind, he felt ALL police officers went along with it?  ALL police officers are corrupt?  But, then why kill that young couple?  That makes no sense at all.   

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't think people are making excuses as much as people are expressing that they understand the mental break he's having. This guy isn't going to come out alive, and I hope they can stop him before he hurts anyone else, but he's shedding light on a corrupted system that many people have wanted exposed for a very long time.

Quoting Thomigirl:

OK...I realize that I've been preoccupied with the storm and all and I haven't been following this story, but....no this mudda fucka didn't?  His ass killed people and you are making excuses. Pulling the race card. Corruption in the LAPD? Ya don't say.  You cowardly piece of shit. Killing people for what? Because of corruption? Can't believe he has 'fans'. 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

And you would be wrong.

The killings started way after he was fired. And he was fired for filling a, "False" Report. The report? That another Police Officer was using excessive force.

What would he have to gain for reporting another Office for excessive Force?

And there were witnesses that agreed with him and proof that the other officers saying he was lying about the excessive force were proven to have inconsistencies in their story.

Quoting AMBG825:

There is no way he was fired for blowing the whistle on another officer. If that is the case, he'd be a very rich man right now because there are laws that protect him from just that. He would have sued the city for violating the Whistleblower Protection Act. If the city came to him and told him he was being fired for ratting out a corrupt officer, he wouldn't be out killing cops right now. He'd be out picking out the mansion he's going to buy.

This guy was fired for something else. Judging by the fact that he completely lost his mind and went on a killing spree ...I'm going to say he was fired for psychological reasons.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I never said it was all about me,just saying id never go anywhere where there was a killer on the loose or is that to difficult to understand?

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

yeeeeeah....i wouldnt call him a hero.....we were supposed to take ds to big bear this weekend but since this is going on we decided to skip it.....sucks cuz its snowing up there right now

Wow. It's allll abouuutttt you.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I can ride English and Western style. I just think he's a beautiful horse and I want to pet his face and tell him I love him. I fall in love with animals stupid fast. Babies too. 

Quoting Carpy:

He is a great horse.  He is one anyone can ride.  If you have never been on a horse he is the one we put you on.  His name is gunner.

Quoting mehamil1:

I want that horse. Animals in general. I love them. 

Quoting Carpy:

This is Ty.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

?

It has been said that he was about to receive a negative performance eval from the fellow officer he made the "false" report about.

Motive.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

And you would be wrong.

The killings started way after he was fired. And he was fired for filling a, "False" Report. The report? That another Police Officer was using excessive force.

What would he have to gain for reporting another Office for excessive Force?

And there were witnesses that agreed with him and proof that the other officers saying he was lying about the excessive force were proven to have inconsistencies in their story.

Quoting AMBG825:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)