Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Suspected Witch Tortured & Burned Alive...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

What are your thoughts on this ???

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50738562?ocid=ansmsnbc11

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Disgusting, but it is New Guinea. That place is not exactly a a civilized society.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Crazy.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Absolutely disgusting! 

Neuro
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM

At first I was about to throw a hissy but then I saw which country it was. New Guinea isn't exactly a civilized country, hell, this probably happens on a daily basis there and in places like it. Not saying it's OK but it's not our country, not our culture and unless we want to start another "Vietnam" or other senseless war with people because we don't agree with their ways, all we can do is sit around and be pissed and be thankful that this kind of stuff isn't acceptable in (most) parts of our country.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:49 AM

In other recent sorcery-related killings, police arrested 29 people in July last year accused of being part of a cannibal cult in Papua New Guinea's jungle interior and charged them with the murders of seven suspected witch doctors.

Kakas could not immediately say what had become of the 29 since their first court appearances last year in the north coast province of Madang.

Police alleged the cult members ate their victims' brains raw and made soup from their penises.

The killers allegedly believed that their victims practiced sorcery and that they had been extorting money as well as demanding sex from poor villagers for their supernatural services.

By eating witch doctors' organs, the cult members believed they would attain supernatural powers.

(source)

LetoLiebe
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Awful, just so awful. I understand that the culture of New Guinea is uncivilized, but there is just no excuse for such a horrid act on public display in this day and age unless the "tribe" lives deep in the wilderness some where completely untouched by modern day society, and not that that would make it right either, it would still be horrific, but there would be a stronger basis for understanding the sickening madness in relation to tribal beleiefs and rituals. Not here, if the people of the town have the were with all and availibility to pull together and outfit fit for the 21st century vs a loin cloth and tribal beads some one is not leading the society correctly as a whole. The authorities say they were outnumbered, They didn't they happen to notice the pile of trash and tires being collected and placed on display?...wouldn't they asks "what's up with that?" and wouldn't some villager say "Oh, we gonna have us a witch burnin today, be there or be square" and wouldn't any any thing like that call for a manning up of the police force and stopping the insane mob? "Out numberd", "children present", infuriating! And given the whacked out story of the killings of the suspected witch doctors prior to this monstrosity, leaders and authorities are not doing there job there on monitoring the public and keeping civilians from harm. I have to say that this is one case where I support the UN stepping in and laying sh#@ down. This place needs some intensive education applied backed up by serious law enforcement.  

sweetangie79
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM

That is sad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)