Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-24):
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Good advice. Also remember, to only run your generator outside your home or garage. Every year I read stories where people have died from carbon monoxide due to running a generator in their home or attached garage. I have also read a few stories where people have burned their houses down, because they ran these things too close to the house.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

PLEASE remember to never let your car warm up in the garage, or start it up & let it run outside, while you're shoveling it out.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Wow. So glad I don't have to deal with that!  We don't get a lot of snow here thank goodness, I hate driving in it. Wouldn't it be great if the snow would just learn to stay OFF the roads, driveways and parking lots?

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Lol i miss that shit. I was a kid though. I bet it wasn't fun for my parents. but i used to LOVE IT when drifts happened! we would jump in them! 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

but it didn't make your puppy freak out that was what I was talking about lol

Quoting btamilee:

The snow was quiet, but I have to say....the 50 mph winds blowing it into the windows, made for interesting sounds.  Kept me up most of the night...that, and I could hear my big old oak tree creaking in te cold and wind...

Quoting glitterteaz:

here, we have a severe thunder storm and our tiny dog has cried to get in bed with us lol wish we had quiet snow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)