Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

do any of you have a no-contract cell phone?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM
  • 34 Replies

Which one? 

Why?

Where are you located?  

If I were to get one, I'd need it to have good coverage for suburban north of Philly area.

TY. 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymanben
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I have boost mobile (thru sprint) no contract. Starts off at 50 dollars a month unlimited text, call and web. And every six months of un time bills it goes down 5 dollars until it hits 35 a month. I live in the city and for me it works great. My family lives in the country and it works there too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I have Straight Talk and I love it. $45/month for unlimited talk, text, and data. I live in Oregon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Never had a contract on a cell....dont believe in them.  I dont even use my credits up for 6mths on prepaid LOL.  I dislike cell phones and never answer them unless its the school number or my husbands / home phone...oh and its not a smart phone ...I dislike them even more :-)

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

My friend has a no contract phone through AT&T for about $50 mthly including internet. She paid $400 for her IPhone and just pays $50 per month.. It's like a Pay as You Go plan but I do believe it has a different name. 

christina0607
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I use net10. 

Because the cost of a cell phone is atrocious. I can't imagine throwing money away like that.

I'm in the Boston area.

I have never dropped a call, the cost to me was the initial $17 then $30 every 2 months. 

Aslen
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I have cricket. 55 a month for unlimited talk text and web. That includes and taxes or fees. I live in savannah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I got my son a no contract plan through TMobile and used one of our old phones. The only reason contract plans are so expensive is because it wraps the cost of a phone into the contract timeline. There isn't a difference in actual service.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Nope

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I have Virgin Mobil. Every 90 days, I pay $30 to add mins to my phone. I don't really use my cell phone unless I am away from home, or in an emergency (car breaks down on the highway). I am from the Buffalo NY area. Virgin Mobil has national coverage and I am able to use my phone everywhere I go, even traveling. The only place my phone doesn't work is in rural areas that don't have cell towers. 

lga1965
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I had  aTracFone --$20.00 for three months and I never used  all the minutes. I could call anywhere. I didn't subscribe to texting because I didn't see the need for it.  All it was needed for was phone calls,and I could take pictures. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)