Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 219 Replies
5 moms liked this

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
8 moms liked this
I don't watch awards shows, so I really don't care. But unless they're going to bar entrance to those who don't comply it's wont mean anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
9 moms liked this

Of course they won't comply. The Grammys is the most trashtastic awards show of them all. I love seeing how daring people are.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
They won't comply, but the gesture is nice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM

No it won't. 

Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM
5 moms liked this

I dont get the attitudes of most Americans about seeing "sideboob"  No nipples of course should not be broadcast across the airwaves. Is there a slight time delay to catch obscene language? Maybe it should also apply to what the cameraman zooms in on, or who is zoomed in on?  

Dont like risky fashion then dont tune in....

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
27 moms liked this

I think it would have been better to ask stars refrain from wearing raw meat.

Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting caito:

Of course they won't comply. The Grammys is the most trashtastic awards show of them all. I love seeing how daring people are.

Most of the time their entrance into the building is most entertaining than the show itself.....

banana-bear
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Ummm, who cares?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
8 moms liked this

I am curious if this little "memo" will bring out the "oh no you didnt just tell me NOT to wear that" in some people?

karamille
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Its funny that side boob is now desired since it was considered an embarrassing faux pas just a few years ago.  I didn't see it as a big deal either way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)