Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by   + Show Post

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
gammie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
These people are about Rebellion so I think not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Yep! I haven't watched it in years. The only award shows I watch faithfully are the Oscars and the Golden Globes.

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting caito:

Of course they won't comply. The Grammys is the most trashtastic awards show of them all. I love seeing how daring people are.

Most of the time their entrance into the building is most entertaining than the show itself.....

javakitty2011
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

most of them should be banned just for being ugly clothes

Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting caito:

Yep! I haven't watched it in years. The only award shows I watch faithfully are the Oscars and the Golden Globes.

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting caito:

Of course they won't comply. The Grammys is the most trashtastic awards show of them all. I love seeing how daring people are.

Most of the time their entrance into the building is most entertaining than the show itself.....

I watch those also. I do enjoy the Grammys, music is a big thing in our home. (not that some artist's songs these days could be labeled as music) lol

AdellesMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Your SN is AWESOME!

Quoting Trollslayer:

I am curious if this little "memo" will bring out the "oh no you didnt just tell me NOT to wear that" in some people?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Of course they won't comply. I wouldn't comply...if I could get away with wearing a sideboob. Lol
abigailesmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think it is their way of showing the FCC that they are trying to be family friendly. I don't know if they think anyone will comply if there are no concequences--- which there can't be due to personal rights. It is an interesting idea. 

epoh
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I love sideboob.
amandae21
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

It would be nice if they did, simply so the grocery checkout magazine covers don't look so trashy when my kids see them. We don't watch. My DD is more modest than I've raised her to be - she wouldn't even watch the Superbowl halftime show because Beyonce was too scantily clad for her liking.

Lynette
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be nice but I doubt they will comply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured