Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by   + Show Post

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
EricaG87
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's great that they did that, at least trying to slow down the inevitable moral decay. We don't watch it around here. Too disgusting for our Christian household.

MysticalKnight
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I think you are going t see the female stars go to the extremes of both sides. Some are going to wear next to nothing and others are going to put on clothes that cover everything head to toe just to make a point.

nverheyn2011
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM

i don't care. but i don't watch the grammies. so msadgfpasoudghasdpufv to their sexist views. PEOPLE WANT TO SEE BOOBIES AND ASSES ON TV. just think of the ratings if it were nude.

Rhodin
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

If the Grammies are serious about this, then they'll have a whole gross of XXL plain white tshirts delivered and anyone, man or woman, who shows up dressed improperly, will have to wear one over their trashy gown.  Either that, or they should just send them home, ideally before any photographers spot them.

lga1965
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Yeah, I won't be watching. I do think the comment about not wearing raw meat was hilarious ....good reply.....and I thought when Lady Gaga did that that I had seen everything. Barf. But I am sure something worse will happen some day since people,in general,  are going nuts.

I would like to see Sting,though....

lga1965
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nverheyn2011:

i don't care. but i don't watch the grammies. so msadgfpasoudghasdpufv to their sexist views. PEOPLE WANT TO SEE BOOBIES AND ASSES ON TV. just think of the ratings if it were nude.

I don't. And its not "sexist". Gahhhhhhhh.

And if ,someday, people went nuts and were nude, I would sell my TV. Seems like there are no limits as to how stupid and immoral people are getting.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it is a network that is afraid of being fined by the FCC and hearing complaints from people. It is a privilage to go to the Grammys, not something that any regular Joe or Jane can go to. They should dress like it, not looking like street walkers. But that's just my opinion.

mom2theA-team
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I wonder if it has to do with Beyonce and her gross-tastic Superbowl wardrobe performance... performance. http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/unflattering-beyonce-super-bowl-pictures-she-doesn-t-want-you-to-see#slide=58544496

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a great idea. I dont think all of them will listen. 

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You know that Lady Gaga just said "Challenge accepted". lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)