Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by   + Show Post

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (211-219):
sheepinarowboat
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:46 AM

You are being too silly to continue this convo.  Yikes.  Loosen up and realize not everyone on the internet has to agree with you.  Uptight!

Quoting CABZS:

LOL so you have issues w/how everyone dresses yet are fine w/Jasmine & Little Mermaid, heck even Tinkerbell.  Got it.

My panties aren't in a wad, people always make me laugh when they say things like that.

You can have your opinion, I don't care.  My issue is when you, others & the government FORCE your ways onto others.

So you are ok w/goverment control, basically you will be ok w/a dictatorship & not have a free country.  Yes that is scary.

Well then homeschool your children bc they learn about other countries & tribes that are in them. 

A breastfeeding mother shouldn't have to cover her & the baby w/a blanket, you don't see anything & so you don't need a blanket.  You don't see nipples when breastfeeding.

What you are talking about is called dictatorship.   We aren't talking about 10yr old girls we are talking about ADULTS (or did you forget that).  What about topless? Men can be topless why not women? Some states a woman can go topless anywhere a man can. 

No, nobody should be told by the government or strangers how to dress.

Yup we have laws & some of them are stupid & we are going down a slippery slope.  Thankfully many are fighting for our rights & speaking out against all this government control.

Again, I said I'm all for laws when someone is being HARMED, like murder & child abuse. Did you skip that part?  But when nobody is being harmed, like w/how someone dresses there should be nobody telling other adults how to dress.  You can not compare how someone dresses to those that harm others.

You didn't see anyone's genitals & again nobody forced you to watch & look.

I won't tolerate the things you tolerate, it takes things down a dangerous path.

How someone dresses is not harmful to others, therefore, it is not ok to tell another adult how to dress.

CABZS
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Well I must have made sense to you bc all you can do is lash out. Lol.

Quoting sheepinarowboat:

You are being too silly to continue this convo.  Yikes.  Loosen up and realize not everyone on the internet has to agree with you.  Uptight!

Quoting CABZS:

LOL so you have issues w/how everyone dresses yet are fine w/Jasmine & Little Mermaid, heck even Tinkerbell.  Got it.

My panties aren't in a wad, people always make me laugh when they say things like that.

You can have your opinion, I don't care.  My issue is when you, others & the government FORCE your ways onto others.

So you are ok w/goverment control, basically you will be ok w/a dictatorship & not have a free country.  Yes that is scary.

Well then homeschool your children bc they learn about other countries & tribes that are in them. 

A breastfeeding mother shouldn't have to cover her & the baby w/a blanket, you don't see anything & so you don't need a blanket.  You don't see nipples when breastfeeding.

What you are talking about is called dictatorship.   We aren't talking about 10yr old girls we are talking about ADULTS (or did you forget that).  What about topless? Men can be topless why not women? Some states a woman can go topless anywhere a man can. 

No, nobody should be told by the government or strangers how to dress.

Yup we have laws & some of them are stupid & we are going down a slippery slope.  Thankfully many are fighting for our rights & speaking out against all this government control.

Again, I said I'm all for laws when someone is being HARMED, like murder & child abuse. Did you skip that part?  But when nobody is being harmed, like w/how someone dresses there should be nobody telling other adults how to dress.  You can not compare how someone dresses to those that harm others.

You didn't see anyone's genitals & again nobody forced you to watch & look.

I won't tolerate the things you tolerate, it takes things down a dangerous path.

How someone dresses is not harmful to others, therefore, it is not ok to tell another adult how to dress.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

All I read here are the judgements that you place on people who are dressed a certain way. Not everyone thinks like you do, which is why it seems to you that "self respect isn't as important as it used to be."

Addmitting you judge someone based on her looks and then saying you would have a lack of respect for her if you dont like what she is wearing, well that only says a lot about you and nothing about her. IMO

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Clothing and self respect have nothing at all to do with each other.

Quoting KarensFaith:

I think wearing such revealing clothing and baring breasts is nothing but disrespect for yourself. These stars do not respect themselves let alone anybody else. 

Yes, they do. If you go out looking like a street walker you are going to be treated as one. I respect myself enough not to do that. Self respect doesn't seem to be as important as it used to be, obviously. And because of the lack of self repect, there is no respect for others. 

I think it's degrading to go out dressed in practically nothing and having men lusting after you and talking about you to others, and women do it too. No one respects someone who doesn't respect themselves. Go out dressed like one of these stars and see if everyone gossips about you or not, and if they are calling you into question after having done so. I guarantee most of your friends will lose respect for you in no time. And who wants to be talked about behind their backs as a tramp? No one does. 

Women are not to dress inappropriately. I was raised to respect myself and taught that when I was married to dress honorably out of respect for my husband as well as myself. God tells us not to dress inappropriately. I didn't judge you or anyone else. But when I see a woman dressed like trash then trash is what she is. It's her fault for letting it all hang out and not mine. I don't really care what you think of me. Or what your opinion of me is. Doesn't bother me in the slightest although I wonder why you are so touchy about it. It's just my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are to yours. I did not attack you, yet you did judge me. LOL!!! As a Christian I strive to follow the Word of God and He says not to dress immodestly. So I obey. If you don't want to that is between you and Him, but if I see someone who dresses with all of everything she or he has showing, then I do not respect that person because they have not respected themselves. It's okay to dress nicely and you can do so without looking like a tramp. Sorry if you don't agree. Well, not really sorry, but you know what I mean. 

Grace and peace to you. 

This is a debate board. The whole purpose of it is to have a discussion. I simply stated what my thoughts on what you had posted. There was no "attack." 

You say in one sentence you have not judged anyone, then in the next you say that if a woman is dressed in clothing you don't like, she's trash. You have also used the word "tramp" to describe these women. There is no getting around that being judgement. 

Your lack of respect for others seems to have very little to do with anything other than your preconceived notions about who a person must be based on her clothing. It's really no different than saying anyone in a hijab is a terrorist. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

sheepinarowboat
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

ya ya ya....you win...I lose.  You're awesome....I suck.  Message recieved ...zero distortion.  Have a good night.  ;)

Quoting CABZS:

Well I must have made sense to you bc all you can do is lash out. Lol.

KarensFaith
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

All I read here are the judgements that you place on people who are dressed a certain way. Not everyone thinks like you do, which is why it seems to you that "self respect isn't as important as it used to be."

Addmitting you judge someone based on her looks and then saying you would have a lack of respect for her if you dont like what she is wearing, well that only says a lot about you and nothing about her. IMO

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

I think wearing such revealing clothing and baring breasts is nothing but disrespect for yourself. These stars do not respect themselves let alone anybody else. 

Yes, they do. If you go out looking like a street walker you are going to be treated as one. I respect myself enough not to do that. Self respect doesn't seem to be as important as it used to be, obviously. And because of the lack of self repect, there is no respect for others. 

I think it's degrading to go out dressed in practically nothing and having men lusting after you and talking about you to others, and women do it too. No one respects someone who doesn't respect themselves. Go out dressed like one of these stars and see if everyone gossips about you or not, and if they are calling you into question after having done so. I guarantee most of your friends will lose respect for you in no time. And who wants to be talked about behind their backs as a tramp? No one does. 

Women are not to dress inappropriately. I was raised to respect myself and taught that when I was married to dress honorably out of respect for my husband as well as myself. God tells us not to dress inappropriately. I didn't judge you or anyone else. But when I see a woman dressed like trash then trash is what she is. It's her fault for letting it all hang out and not mine. I don't really care what you think of me. Or what your opinion of me is. Doesn't bother me in the slightest although I wonder why you are so touchy about it. It's just my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are to yours. I did not attack you, yet you did judge me. LOL!!! As a Christian I strive to follow the Word of God and He says not to dress immodestly. So I obey. If you don't want to that is between you and Him, but if I see someone who dresses with all of everything she or he has showing, then I do not respect that person because they have not respected themselves. It's okay to dress nicely and you can do so without looking like a tramp. Sorry if you don't agree. Well, not really sorry, but you know what I mean. 

Grace and peace to you. 

This is a debate board. The whole purpose of it is to have a discussion. I simply stated what my thoughts on what you had posted. There was no "attack." 

You say in one sentence you have not judged anyone, then in the next you say that if a woman is dressed in clothing you don't like, she's trash. You have also used the word "tramp" to describe these women. There is no getting around that being judgement. 

Your lack of respect for others seems to have very little to do with anything other than your preconceived notions about who a person must be based on her clothing. It's really no different than saying anyone in a hijab is a terrorist. 

You're a very angry person, aren't you? If you dress like a tramp, people think you are one. That's just society. It's the way people are. If you want to look like a street walker, go for it. But when some guy offers to pay you, don't complain. If you get my drift. Clothing is to be modest. I don't see what is so wrong with that. If you wanna let it all hang out, well, by all means, do so. But when people whisper behind your back because of it you'll have no one to blame but yourself. I stated my opinion and you responded negatively. No problem. I can debate with the best of them. But you are far too angry to talk to. I do not talk to unreasonable people. Sorry. You are what you wear. I don't dress in revealing clothing. That is for my husband only. I don't allow my daughters to do it either. I get complimented on my girls being nice girls, well mannered, dress appropriately and my daughter's fiancee gave me the highest compliment the other day. He said I raised my daughter to be a lady and he thanked me!!! Because she's not trampy looking. And she is a real lady and I am so proud of her. That's what dressing appropriately means. You're not looked down on like a hooker. You dress like a lady, you'll be treated as one by others. That is all I am trying to say. 

By the way, I am a Christian. I read my Bible every single day. I tell you this because in the Bible, we ARE allowed to judge. Just sayin'.... As long as I am not in sin I can judge another. So...yeah, I don't dress like a prostitute so it is perfectly fine if I judge a woman to be one if she dresses like one. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Grace and peace to you. 

You're a very angry person, aren't you? If you dress like a tramp, people think you are one. That's just society. It's the way people are. If you want to look like a street walker, go for it. But when some guy offers to pay you, don't complain. If you get my drift. Clothing is to be modest. I don't see what is so wrong with that. If you wanna let it all hang out, well, by all means, do so. But when people whisper behind your back because of it you'll have no one to blame but yourself. I stated my opinion and you responded negatively. No problem. I can debate with the best of them. But you are far too angry to talk to. I do not talk to unreasonable people. Sorry. You are what you wear. I don't dress in revealing clothing. That is for my husband only. I don't allow my daughters to do it either. I get complimented on my girls being nice girls, well mannered, dress appropriately and my daughter's fiancee gave me the highest compliment the other day. He said I raised my daughter to be a lady and he thanked me!!! Because she's not trampy looking. And she is a real lady and I am so proud of her. That's what dressing appropriately means. You're not looked down on like a hooker. You dress like a lady, you'll be treated as one by others. That is all I am trying to say. 

By the way, I am a Christian. I read my Bible every single day. I tell you this because in the Bible, we ARE allowed to judge. Just sayin'.... As long as I am not in sin I can judge another. So...yeah, I don't dress like a prostitute so it is perfectly fine if I judge a woman to be one if she dresses like one. 

I'm not sure where you are reading anger, as I'm not at all angry, but I am quite amused. 

I have a feeling you have never seen an actual prostitute, or if you had, you didn't know she was one, because she didn't fit the image you have in your head of a woman in skimpy clothing or lingerie and standing on the street corner. 

Try googling "prostitute mug shot" you will be surprised how many wear t-shirt and jeans. Nothing "revealing" about them. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

celticgodess
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

dont care

KarensFaith
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting KarensFaith:

Grace and peace to you. 

I'm not sure where you are reading anger, as I'm not at all angry, but I am quite amused. 

I have a feeling you have never seen an actual prostitute, or if you had, you didn't know she was one, because she didn't fit the image you have in your head of a woman in skimpy clothing or lingerie and standing on the street corner. 

Try googling "prostitute mug shot" you will be surprised how many wear t-shirt and jeans. Nothing "revealing" about them. 

Sorry so long for reply, I had the flu. Glad you're not angry. It's so hard to tell on the internet. I have seen a prostitute and they are skimpy. I sometimes wonder how they keep things in their shirt and how do that keep that dress down when they bend over! o.O 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I agree, fleshy under curves does sound oddly hot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured