Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by   + Show Post

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

It's all directed towards how women dress. Trying to police women's bodies? What else is new? 

abernathyvanna
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they will comply... 

But geee some of those outfits are just completely trashy (showing way too much) and I have seen a couple that were similar but worse. 

I think these awards show girls "what's hot" and I believe that if these stars would dress a bit more conservatively.. Maybe girls would as well.. It's a nice thought anyway.

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Eh, if they have no self respect then so be it.

abernathyvanna
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

As for it being sexist.. That's just digging the hole too deep for the situation. Guys show up at these awards most of the time with a black tuxedo..

IF a guy showed up showing as much skin as what some of the women show, I would say that they needed to say something to them as well.. But as I said.. Most of the time the men are appropriately covered.

HouseKatof2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think, more than likely, there will be a handful of artists that go out of their way to be a shocking as possible because of that memo.  

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
So no butt crack and no side boob...

Well I don't normally see crack but sideboob is always present. I doubt anyone will comply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rlmama00
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they are just trying to avoid nip slips and other wardrobe malfunctions that could cost the network a hefty fine.

Pooobaihr
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

xDDD They're just NOW trying to crack down on what they're wearing????? pffft... I see this as a big flop. lol

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It's the Grammys not the Oscars...

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

I think it is a network that is afraid of being fined by the FCC and hearing complaints from people. It is a privilage to go to the Grammys, not something that any regular Joe or Jane can go to. They should dress like it, not looking like street walkers. But that's just my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
There's never been one at the Grammy's... They wear crazy outfits but its all taped down pretty well I guess! LOL!

Quoting Rlmama00:

I think they are just trying to avoid nip slips and other wardrobe malfunctions that could cost the network a hefty fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)