Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Grammy wardrobe memo: Do you think it will make a difference?

Posted by   + Show Post

So apparently, CBS wants Grammy attendees - specifically, female attendees - to tone down their wardrobe choices this year!

Quote:

Here are some of the highlights: Talent should, "avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack." What exactly is "fleshy under curves" and why does it sound so oddly hot? (And by frowning upon the showing of buttock cracks, does this mean that many of the union plumbers working at the Grammy venue may also have wardrobe problems?)

CBS wants attendees to avoid outfits that could "expose female breast nipples." And the network also put its foot down on clothes that expose the "bare sides" of breasts, aka, the famed and increasingly popular "sideboob."

What do you think about these guidelines? Will the stars comply? Or will they see this as a challenge to go MORE daring with their outfits? Is it a sexist move? Do you even care? :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Also... Beyonce would have failed that memo at her Superbowl Halftime show. Side Boob showing, but crack showing, & a little vagina too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I guess I should say "guys" instead of "people". Meh, sex sells best today, so... 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting nverheyn2011:

i don't care. but i don't watch the grammies. so msadgfpasoudghasdpufv to their sexist views. PEOPLE WANT TO SEE BOOBIES AND ASSES ON TV. just think of the ratings if it were nude.

I don't. And its not "sexist". Gahhhhhhhh.

And if ,someday, people went nuts and were nude, I would sell my TV. Seems like there are no limits as to how stupid and immoral people are getting.

CafeMom Tickers
lga1965
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Some of them are trashy. They need policing. They're crude , stupid. It has nothing to do with picking on women. I'd hate to see men dressing inappropriately too.

Quoting mehamil1:

It's all directed towards how women dress. Trying to police women's bodies? What else is new? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Sex sells best to idiots. There is more to people than just being being sexy

Quoting nverheyn2011:

I guess I should say "guys" instead of "people". Meh, sex sells best today, so... 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting nverheyn2011:

i don't care. but i don't watch the grammies. so msadgfpasoudghasdpufv to their sexist views. PEOPLE WANT TO SEE BOOBIES AND ASSES ON TV. just think of the ratings if it were nude.

I don't. And its not "sexist". Gahhhhhhhh.

And if ,someday, people went nuts and were nude, I would sell my TV. Seems like there are no limits as to how stupid and immoral people are getting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

The Grammy's really isn't the place to see some people displaying a lot of class.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

some are stupid others thank you grammies

illinoismommy83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
4 moms liked this

It would be nice for the Grammys to be a classy event.  You can be sexy while wearing clothes.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Men rarely dress inappropriately because there is very little defined "inappropriate" male clothing, except for the styles of some black rappers. But I think that has more to do with racism than being male. 

Trashy is something that is culturally defined. Our society says what is trashy and what is not. Does that actually make it trashy in actual physical reality outside of the conceptions of our minds? No. Not really. 

Grown women do not need to be policed about their choice of clothing. No one deserves that. I honestly don't care what people wear. That is on them, not me. They make their own choices and no one has the right to judge them for it, especially women. And it has everything to do with picking on women since women are the ones who are constantly the whipping post for this. Thinking that women's bodies and what we put on them needs policing is picking on women. Thinking that a woman could be trashy because of the clothing she wears, that's picking on women. Who cares what she wears? Why worry about it? What gain is there to harping on women for their clothing choices? And it's mainly other women who are doing the picking on. We are oppressing ourselves. For what? 

Quoting lga1965:
Some of them are trashy. They need policing. They're crude , stupid. It has nothing to do with picking on women. I'd hate to see men dressing inappropriately too.
Quoting mehamil1:

It's all directed towards how women dress. Trying to police women's bodies? What else is new? 

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I think it would be nice if people WOULD comply, but I have doubts that they will, considering that it says they SHOULD avoid ______ not that they MUST.
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM
They might comply, after all they don't dress themselves. They have someone who picks out what they wear. Celebrities may have some say what they wear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN