Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dorner targeted by drone...WTF?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 41 Replies

I get that they guy is gone off the deep end and has done bad things but drone strikes on American citizens on American soil? No trial or due process? Am I the only one seeing a problem with this?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
What drone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Are they just tracking him with a drone or are they actually planning on a missle strike if they find him?

heavenV
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Waw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The article said that border patrol had confirmed the use of a drone in the case of Dorner. Not sure if that means to find him or kill him or what the hell that means. I know that I have seen his labeled a terrorist and in last week's article from msnbc it was said that terrorists(american citizens) were legal targets as long as they are a threat so I guess taking him out with it is optional. Not sure. The MSN article was short, when I opened my internet explorer it was there. I don't think it's very ok one way or the other personally.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I need to read the article

This isn't true. I haven't seen him labeled a terrorist and if they are tracking him with a drone that is a surveillance tool not a bombing tool

As for targeting American citizens, that has been employed only for Americans that are living in the Middle East and involved in the war

Not a nut cop

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

The article said that border patrol had confirmed the use of a drone in the case of Dorner. Not sure if that means to find him or kill him or what the hell that means. I know that I have seen his labeled a terrorist and in last week's article from msnbc it was said that terrorists(american citizens) were legal targets as long as they are a threat so I guess taking him out with it is optional. Not sure. The MSN article was short, when I opened my internet explorer it was there. I don't think it's very ok one way or the other personally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

an article would be nice

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Christopher Dorner: The First US Homeland Drone Strike Victim?

Right then, I haven't been following this story greatly since it broke on the news the other day but I've gathered enough key basic information to make this article, the basics are very simple on paper, almost hollywood simple because it plays out like something out of a revenge-action movie script.

The man in the picture above is Christopher Dorner, a former LAPD policeman with military training and who is quite obviously, a black man. He was fired from the LAPD in 2008 following a dispute with a fellow officer. During the early hours of Thursday morning this week he opened fire on police, injuring two and killing one, he is also suspected of killing two civilians who are related to one of his former co-workers.

Dorner uploaded a manifesto to the internet before his attacks and I will link you to the manifesto at the bottom of this article. Now then, the manifesto was 11 pages long so I'm not going to spend an hour telling you every little detail but the key details are that he was accused of bullying and harassing a fellow police officer of the LAPD who was Jewish, he also admitted he attacked a fellow officer when he heard a racial slur while on duty. He was then suspended indefinitely from the force following the incident, while other officers involved in the drama were suspended for shorter periods.

He vows to wage 'asymmetrical and unconventional warfare' against the LAPD for his 'unfair dismissal' . According to officials he is currently armed with an assualt rifle, a sniper rifle and a manpad rocket launcher (LAW).

As of now his current whereabouts are unknown though he is thought to be in the Big Bear Lake Ski Resort area in Eastern California, his truck was found in flames near that area.

Alright then. That's the basics and you should be completely up-to-date with everything thus far, now on to the conspiracy you've all been waiting for!

There's been a lot of talk about the use of Drones lately, a recent memo disclosed in a leaked justice department memo shows they're preparing the legal basis (the right) to kill American citizens via drone strikes, on and off American soil. Basically, they're legalising the right to assassinate your own citizens which is a very dangerous and unprecedented development, much worse than the PATRIOT ACT or Guantanamo Bay.

So what better way to introduce this tyranny to the American people than to dress it up and serve it on a silver platter. Imagine the headlines on the controlled mainstream media, "Crazy cop killer blown up in FIRST drone strike on US soil". The sheeple will embrace the idea of drone strikes on their own country because they'll believe it is for their own safety. It sounds quite outlandish but it very far from fiction my friends.

And according to a recent poll on ultra-liberal MSNBC, a clear majority support US drone assassinations of American citizens. What's that quote again, something about wolves and leading the sheep to the slaughter, indeed.

I'll continue to watch the events unfold closely and if necessary make another article on this should things greatly escalate. Also, it's worth noting that Christopher Dorner is a registered democrat and supporter of gun-control, he is also a fan of CNN talkshow host Piers Morgan. Very telling, don't you think?
LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for the article. The one I read was way shorter and explained the situation less but it gets to the same point.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
$1M Reward for Capture of Fugitive Ex-Cop
ABC News - 7 hrs ago

A $1 million reward was offered today for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, as authorities in Big Bear, Calif., scaled back their search for the disgruntled ex-cop, who is suspected in three revenge killings.

"This is the largest local reward ever offered, to our knowledge," Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference today. "This is an act of domestic terrorism. This is a man who has targeted those that we entrust to protect the public. His actions cannot go unanswered."

The money for the reward was pooled by businesses, government, local law enforcement leaders and individual donors, Beck said.

PHOTOS: Former LAPD Officer Suspected in Shootings

The reward comes on the fourth day of a manhunt for Dorner, who has left Southern California on edge after he allegedly went on a killing spree last week to avenge his firing from the police force. Dorner outlined his grievances in a 6,000 word so-called "manifesto" and said he will keep killing until the truth is known about his case.

Dorner's threats have prompted the LAPD to provide more than 50 law enforcement families with security and surveillance detail, Beck said.

Authorities are chasing leads, however they declined to say where in order to not impede the investigation.

Dorner's burned-out truck was found Thursday near Big Bear Lake, a popular skiing destination located 80 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

Investigators found two AR-15 assault rifles in the burned-out truck Dorner abandoned, sources told ABC News.

The truck had a broken axle, which may be the reason he decided to set fire to it, the police sources said.

Full Coverage: Christopher Jordan Dorner

Officers have spent the past couple of days going door-to-door and searching vacant cabins. The manhunt was scaled back to 25 officers and one helicopter in the resort town today, according to the San Bernadino Sheriff's Office.

On Saturday, Beck announced he would reopen the investigation into Dorner's firing but said the decision was not made to "appease" the fugitive ex-cop.

"I feel we need to also publicly address Dorner's allegations regarding his termination of employment, and to do so I have directed our Professionals Standards Bureau and my Special Assistant for Constitutional Policing to completely review the Dorner complaint of 2007; To include a re-examination of all evidence and a re-interview of witnesses," Beck said. "We will also investigate any allegations made in his manifesto which were not included in his original complaint."

Dorner is suspected of killing Monica Quan and her fiancé Keith Lawrence last Sunday in their car in the parking lot of their Irvine, Calif., condominium complex. Both were struck with multiple gunshot wounds.

Quan's father, Randall Quan, was a retired captain with the LAPD and attorney who represented Dorner before a police review board that led to Dorner's dismissal from the force in 2008.

On Wednesday, after Dorner was identified as a suspect in the double murder, police believe he ambushed two Riverside police officers, killing one and wounding the other.

The next day, Randall Quan reported he received a taunting call from a man claiming to be Dorner who told him that he "should have done a better job of protecting his daughter," according to court documents documents.

Anyone with information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner is asked to call the LAPD task force at 213-486-6860.

ABC News' Dean Schabner, Jack Date, Pierre Thomas, Jason Ryan and Clayton Sandell contributed to this report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorner-is-first-drone-target-on-us-soil

This is the one I first saw. Worrisome but ambiguous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN