Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

55TH Grammy Awards Night! Did you see it? So Good!!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 52 Replies

I think this was one of the best Grammy's I've every seen!!  SO great!!  I don't know what was my favorite performance.  That's how good it was.  I love Country, so of course I loved all the Country performances.  But, I love music period!  I loved Rhanna's performance, Alicia Keys with Moroon 5 "Girl on Fire" GREAT! .  Black Keys...Tribute to Bob Marley. The Jack White performance was SO GREAT!!  The duet he had, the woman singer was SO GREAT!! 

Great to see Kelly Clarkson back again!  She performed great & she won for her song "Stronger".  Justin Timberlake, great!!....Best Rock Performance, 'Lonely Boys'(the black keys)...Lumineers...Fun...Hunter Hayes..Carrie Underwood was great as usual!  Record of the yr. which I love this song!  "Somebody That I Use to Know", Botye & Kimbra., Elton John, Adelle..Sting..Zac Brown..Mumford & Sons...Mavis Staples...Brittany Howard..."This is your song" tribute to Elton John's song that went into the Hall of Fame, performed by Latin Best Pop Album award winner.  Frank Ocean.

Sorry if I misspelled any artist names...

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I didn't watch it, but you're making me want to watch it. ugh. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I didn't know who half the people were, because I don't listen to the radio. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Omg, it's SO good!  I've been watching since it came on at 8PM.  It's over at 10:30PM.  I recorded it too, soooo happy I did!  I hope the cd comes out, I'd buy it in a second!  Frank Ocean is singing his song called "Forest Gump"....so strange of a song, but great!  He's playing the piano as he's singing, he's legs are running...like, Forest Gump did.  It's unusual, but actually really good!   Then, he starts whistling! 

Quoting mehamil1:

I didn't watch it, but you're making me want to watch it. ugh. 

macilah
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Ugh! I freaking missed it! Dang it i completly forgot about it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I don't listen to the radio either. That's what free music sites like Spotify, Pandora, and Songza are for :)

I was super happy with tonight's show.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I wasn't going to watch it because I didn't like the previous yrs.  But, I just had it on, while here on CM.  Then, I thought "wow, this is great"...The Mumford & Sons just won for Album of the Year.  They are SO GOOD!!!!  I think they should replay this yrs. Emmy's. 

Quoting macilah:

Ugh! I freaking missed it! Dang it i completly forgot about it!

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Honestly, I didn't know a few of them myself.  But, WOW were they good!  Alicia Keyes & Marron 5, "Girl on Fire" was SO good!  Rhanna too! 

Quoting wickedfiress:

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Quoting acrogodess:

I don't listen to the radio either. That's what free music sites like Spotify, Pandora, and Songza are for :)

Quoting wickedfiress:

I have a Pandora app on my phone, but I rarely use it...and the only station I've liked was the Silversun Pickups station. lol

I just don't listen to music other than what I already have on my iPod. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Maroon 5 is annoying to me. I do not like them at all. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Wasn't it really good!?  The thing I love about it was seeing them perform live in person!  Carrie Underwood's song was unbelievable!!  WOW!  That was perhaps the best single performer song tonight imo!  Can one go online to Utube or somewhere to re-hear some of the songs?  I would suggest people that didn't see it tonight, go online & listen to the songs.   

Quoting acrogodess:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN