Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Chehalis homeowner shoots, wounds intruder

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 51 Replies

CHEHALIS, Wash - A man who broke into an occupied home early Sunday in Chehalis was shot by the home's owner, the Lewis County Sheriff's Office says.

Deputies arrived at the home shortly before 5 a.m. to find one man with a gunshot wound.

Deputies say a 51-year-old man broke into the home where a 24-year-old man and his wife were sleeping.  The owner called 911, then armed himself with a pistol while waiting for deputies to arrive.

At one point, the suspect charged down a hallway toward the homeowner, who fired a shot, hitting the suspect. The two men then became  involved in struggle until the suspect was able to break free.  The homeowner held the suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

KING 5 spoke with a man who also saw the suspect Sunday morning rummaging through boxes on his patio. The man chased him away.

Bradd Reynolds, a retired cop, runs the neighborhood watch group.  

"I think it proves the point that we need guns," he said. "I am always armed."

"Everybody involved in the scenario last night was part of our neighborhood watch program with the exception of the guy laying in Harborview with a bullet in him,” he said.

Reynolds set up the watch because of a house he believes has had a steady stream of bad tenants. The suspect was living there, and told police he was on meth.

A woman who answered the door Sunday had no comment.

The home is a reason why most people there say they have guns.

Neighbors were warned about the person in the shooting just hours before.  The watch said, watch out.

Reynolds sent an e-mail Saturday, notifying others the suspect had moved in and to be aware. That he hadn't done anything wrong, but he has a criminal history.

"Twelve hours later, he's breaking into homes and getting himself shot,” said Reynolds. "I'm sorry a guy got shot.  Nobody wants to see somebody get shot.  But if you're going to break into a house on this street, it's not a good idea,” said Reynolds.

The suspect was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he was listed in stable condition. He faces charges of burglary and assault

source

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I was just wondering if there were ever any other topics of discussion that you find of interest than this kind of gun death?

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM
5 moms liked this
Candle posts about abortion too. Come on NWP give her some credit!

Quoting NWP:

I was just wondering if there were ever any other topics of discussion that you find of interest than this kind of gun death?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Why are you posting stories about shootings every day ?
Or about abortion ?
Or about those gays who you think are sinning and need to pray away the gay ?
Talk about being in a rut !
How many more gun nut stories do you have for us ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Oh gee...I forgot about your obsession with Obama, the anti Christ from Kenya...LOL.
So predictable.
:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Speaking of predictable, here you are again, lol

You love it and you know it because you are always here  no matter what I post even though you say you won't be.   A woman of your word I see, lol

Quoting lga1965:

Oh gee...I forgot about your obsession with Obama, the anti Christ from Kenya...LOL.
So predictable.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait, wait ... ROTFLMFAO ... so if a guy shoots up a theater or school, he is fair game to discuss here but a homeowner shooting to protect himself and/or family his off limits and makes one a "gun nut" if they want to show the other side of the coin?

Quoting lga1965:

Or about abortion ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

In her defense, I haven't seen Iga putting up daily posts about school or theater shootings. This seems to be an obsession.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Wait, wait ... ROTFLMFAO ... so if a guy shoots up a theater or school, he is fair game to discuss here but a homeowner shooting to protect himself and/or family his off limits and makes one a "gun nut" if they want to show the other side of the coin?

Quoting lga1965:

Or about abortion ?

Neon Washable Paint

kellysparkles
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to bash you for a redundant post, but I will say heck yeah! Proud gun owner here and I would've done the same thing. Just this year I have had to brandish my weapon in self-defense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I never said I wouldn't read posts. LOL.
try to keep up.

Quoting candlegal:

Speaking of predictable, here you are again, lol

You love it and you know it because you are always here  no matter what I post even though you say you won't be.   A woman of your word I see, lol

Quoting lga1965:

So predictable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
No, she is countering the notion that many perpetuate, especially after a mass shooting, that guns serve no helpful purpose. the second a mass shooting is reported, it is mentioned here. It is not Candle's fault she is able to find more stories about Guns SAVING people to post here.

Quoting NWP:

In her defense, I haven't seen Iga putting up daily posts about school or theater shootings. This seems to be an obsession.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

Or about abortion ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN