Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hmmm..what happened to the Old School is best posts?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 24 Replies

It seems to have disappeared???

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I deleted it didn't want a long post about sex ed wasn't my point was more about a way we raise our kids

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting momaof8:

I deleted it didn't want a long post about sex ed wasn't my point was more about a way we raise our kids

Wow....

SMH over your cavalier attitude about deleting entire threads of people's thoughts because you didn't like the direction of the thread, which hadn't even taken a bad turn.

Will think hard about joining another discussion you start.

btamilee
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I thought your post was a great, and you actually were the one to bring up the aspect of sex into the post.  I say we keep it rolling.  In my 50 years on this earth, I have learned that although I may not always agree with others, they are entitled to their own opinions, and that often.....a great deal can be learned by sharing our own experiences.   You can't control others actions (by deleting posts), but you can control the way you react to them.  Most things in life are NOT black and white, and we need to be willing to listen, and actually learn from each other.  When my two daughters came to me to discuss sex..... I tried my best to listen (although it was hard to hear), and NOT shut them out by telling them...they couldn't have sex, and there would be no discussion.  That can lead to a dangerous situation for everyone...

Quoting momaof8:

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I am guessing that momaof8 must be a new member and not realize how deleting posts is frowned upon on this board?

OK...Now I am interested...What was the post about and what direction was it going?

Quoting btamilee:

I thought your post was a great, and you actually were the one to bring up the aspect of sex into the post.  I say we keep it rolling.  In my 50 years on this earth, I have learned that although I may not always agree with others, they are entitled to their own opinions, and that often.....a great deal can be learned by sharing our own experiences.   You can't control others actions (by deleting posts), but you can control the way you react to them.  Most things in life are NOT black and white, and we need to be willing to listen, and actually learn from each other.  When my two daughters came to me to discuss sex..... I tried my best to listen (although it was hard to hear), and NOT shut them out by telling them...they couldn't have sex, and there would be no discussion.  That can lead to a dangerous situation for everyone...

Quoting momaof8:

Neon Washable Paint

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with this--I was disappointed to see the thread disappear since I was enjoying the conversation and I had put a fair amount of thought into my replies. I actually saw that the thread was deleted when a response that I had just typed was lost. If the OP didn't want a discussion of sex ed, it may have been wise to keep that topic out of her original post.

On the topic, I think that my parents' approach was good. They let us know that sex is a normal, healthy part of life and not something to be ashamed of, but that since it comes with potentially major consequences, it's best saved until you are a) a mature, responsible adult capable of handling the repercussions and b) in a monogamous, stable relationship with someone you would feel comfortable making major decisions about, say, what to do in the event of a pregnancy.

We always knew that we could feel comfortable asking any questions or talking with them openly.

Quoting btamilee:

Quoting momaof8:

btamilee
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Well.... I for one would love to engage in more conversation.but  I have to go run some errands, but I will check back when I return and see if this thread is still active.  This is a subject that is very timely for my family, as my 17 year old daughter just helped write the script and directed a short sexual awareness movie for the Family Planning Association. 

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

she isn't all that new.  Just a bit controlling.  

Quoting NWP:

I am guessing that momaof8 must be a new member and not realize how deleting posts is frowned upon on this board?

OK...Now I am interested...What was the post about and what direction was it going?

Quoting btamilee:

Quoting momaof8:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Although I was enjoying the replies, I had a hard time getting past the self-congratulatory pat on the back for raising her kids the same way many of us are. Don't get me wrong, it's great that her kids are thriving and making good choices, I just don't think it's that unusual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I must have missed that one.

lga1965
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
It was a nice discussion. Too bad our comments are gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN