Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will couple-less co-parenting take off?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 29 Replies

Will couple-less co-parenting take off?

David Arrick and Heidi Sadowsky both wanted children, but didn't want each other. Their solution was to have the child together and co-parent, without any romantic relationship.

The two had been friends for 20 years; Arrick is gay and Sadowsky never met a man she wanted to have children with, so the two agreed on the partnership so they could each have a child of their own, without the need to find a romantic partner.

While their arrangement seems unusual to some, parenting website FamilybyDesign.com actually matches up people for parenting partnerships similar to Arrick and Sadowsky's.

Do you think co-parenting is a good idea?

Question on co-parenting

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

With a friend, maybe. With a stranger? Negatve, Ghost Rider. 

AMBG825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. People can't even co parent with people they like well enough to marry.

Lurion
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a terrible idea, but then again it couldn't be much worse than what's going on now anyway. 

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
If it works, good for them. It's certainly been proven that couples who were once "in love" and married don't always do a better job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Only if they discuss EVERY aspect of child rearing before the child is concieved - a very strong legal documents spelling out everything would need to be in place.

meriana
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

On the surface, it's probably no worse than a couple getting a divorce when they have children and both are parenting said child.  On the other hand, it seems like the child is more of a possession than anything else, kinda like roommates or even just friends who both want something neither can afford so they each put in a portion of what is needed and share it, each getting the use of it for pre-designated periods of time.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Who knows

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Wow, what a great way to set an example for a relationship.  I don't think this is a good idea. 

I would not want to have a child I would not be able to fully participate in the raising of.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think it might be a fine solution for some families but wouldn't work for most of us.

christina0607
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's a bad idea. I really think these couples will regret this. Kids need a permanent home. These people are choosing to make their kids split their time. That's a lot on a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured