Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

There's a he can change post that may give someone being abused false hope.

Anyone been abused and left?  

It would be great to hear survival stories.  :)

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
mandaday
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex never hit me, but he was emotionally, financially, and sexually abusive. It took me 5 years and 4 attempts to leave. I have been remarried very happily for almost 7 years now to someone who would never even call me a mean name. My ex is still the same slimeball he was when I left.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I was abused when I was in high school. I didn't leave until he busted my face and I couldn't hide it any longer. He was an abuser in every relationship after as well, until he died.
rfurlongg
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Worth a repeat.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

OP- thank you for this thread. The other thread IMO sends the wrong message. False hope in the case of abuse can be deadly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

My ex never hit me either.  But, he mentally, emotionally, and sexually abused me.  He was very controlling and selfish.  It took me 10 years to finally leave him.  He's still a selfish jerk who tries to control everything.  Apparently he hasn't learned...

I remarried and have been happily married for 6 1/2 years to a man who sees me as a partner and who respects and supports the hell out of me.  The difference is just astronomical :)

Quoting mandaday:

My ex never hit me, but he was emotionally, financially, and sexually abusive. It took me 5 years and 4 attempts to leave. I have been remarried very happily for almost 7 years now to someone who would never even call me a mean name. My ex is still the same slimeball he was when I left.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother was abused by my bio father. She managed to get away and thankfully we were not raised in an abusive environment.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I was raped when I was a young teen by a "friend in the family" and forced to marry said friend by my extremely traditional mother t father wasn't in the picture. He used to beat me. I finally got away from him and he's been in prison since 1992 for killing his girlfriend at the time.
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM

That is horrible!!

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I was raped when I was a young teen by a "friend in the family" and forced to marry said friend by my extremely traditional mother t father wasn't in the picture. He used to beat me. I finally got away from him and he's been in prison since 1992 for killing his girlfriend at the time.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I know but I survived it. My oldest was born as a result of that day.

She saved me. In hindsight, I believe that things happen for a reason. I honestly believe that I'd be a different person today if those things hasn't happened.

Quoting tooptimistic:

That is horrible!!

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex was an abuser....and a pussy arsed one as well.  He liked em pregnant...so much easier.  I left after the second time.

I was lucky that I had a great family and friend support system...oh and he left the state which made it 100 times easier :-)

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)