Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's a he can change post that may give someone being abused false hope.

Anyone been abused and left?  

It would be great to hear survival stories.  :)

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Replies (41-44):
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I cant read all of the replies.  I just wanna hug all of the ladies who have lived through what no one should.  I am sooo glad we survived.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. Meh, it is what is. You try to learn and move on. 

Quoting tooptimistic:

I didn't know that.  Sorry PJ

Quoting muslimahpj:

I was verbally and emotionally abused in the past. My first husband was very controlling and very verbally abusive. I left once, went back and in less than a year I was gone for good.

My second husband is an alcoholic, there was a lot of manipulation, verbal and emotional abuse. He would act like he was going to hit me, but, he never did. He would tear things up in the house instead. Took me 6 yrs to get away from him. We didnt even live together for 2 yrs of the marriage. After moving back in together, within about 6 months, we were divorced. I cant tell you how many times I heard the promise, I will stop, I will change, please, yada yada, yada. It never ends. It's been about 4 yrs since our divorce and he is still doing the same thing, drinking and going to jail. 

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Thanks.

Quoting survivorinohio:

:(  (((((HUGS)))))

Quoting muslimahpj:

I was verbally and emotionally abused in the past. My first husband was very controlling and very verbally abusive. I left once, went back and in less than a year I was gone for good.

My second husband is an alcoholic, there was a lot of manipulation, verbal and emotional abuse. He would act like he was going to hit me, but, he never did. He would tear things up in the house instead. Took me 6 yrs to get away from him. We didnt even live together for 2 yrs of the marriage. After moving back in together, within about 6 months, we were divorced. I cant tell you how many times I heard the promise, I will stop, I will change, please, yada yada, yada. It never ends. It's been about 4 yrs since our divorce and he is still doing the same thing, drinking and going to jail. 

dirby1988
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I was with my xdf the last 2 1/2 years. The last year and a half i was verbally, physically, and emotionally abused. I left him 3 times and the third time was 3 weeks ago. The first 2 times he promised to get help and change. He did for about a week after i came back. Then he was back to the same old yelling name calling person he promised not to be. Last month at my dds 8th bday party my mom pulled me aside and told me if i didnt leave my xdf she was gonna fight me in court for custody of dd. Ive had dd since i was 16 im not gonna let her be taken away for me to be with a man. I can find another man that will treat me and her right. I havent looked back since i left. I have a protection order and all of his emails are blocked from contacting me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured