Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

APD releases ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle's funeral procession route

by KVUE.com

kvue.com

Posted on February 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Updated today at 5:58 PM

AUSTIN -- The funeral procession for ex-Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer Chris Kyle will travel through Austin Tuesday.

Iraq War veteran Eddie Ray Routh, 25, has been charged in the Feb. 2 killings of Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield at a North Texas gun range.

Nearly 7,000 people attended Kyle's memorial service Monday at Cowboys Stadium.

Tuesday the procession will travel down I-35, exit 6th Street, travel east on 7th Street, and north on Navasota Street to the Texas State Cemetery.

APD Chief Art Acevedo tweeted Monday that the procession is scheduled to enter the northern city limits between 11:30 a.m. and noon.

Austin police say the cemetery will be closed to the public during the funeral. Additionally, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Navasota and Comal streets will be closed between 7th and 11th Streets. The sidewalk on the north side of 7th Street will be closed between Navasota and Comal Streets.

Expect traffic delays on I-35 during the early afternoon. The highway will remain open during the funeral procession. 

Click here for KVUE.com's traffic map or here to learn more about WAZE, a free traffic app. Join the KVUE Traffic Trooperz to navigate traffic with other Central Texans.

If you choose to show support during the procession, please use frontage roads, overpasses and not the main roadway.  Please make sure you park your car in a safe spot. For those wishing to stand along the roadside, please do so in a safe area.

Austin police instruct supporters not to affix, or hang anything over the overpass railing. They also urge supporters to stay far enough back from the railing so that if you are holding a sign and it falls, it would land on the ground in front of you and not on the highway. 

To stay up-to-date with any changes to the procession time or route, follow APD Police on Twitter at @ or like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AustinPolice

Okay this guy is a highly decorated SEAL I get that... But he was not killed in battle he was killed by a guy who was also military, but neither were active duty.  What I do not get is why the hoopla? His friend shot with him also a decorated war vet didn't get all this attention, hell guys shot in actual war zones do not get the press this guy got. First his services were held at DALLAS COWBOYS STADIUM!  Celebrities and 15 min of fame hog Palin was there...where is all this when a soldier dies in the field of ACTION?  It was televised on every TV station.  I just do not get it? He is no more special than the other soldiers so why?  Do not start with the un American crap cause I am behind the soldiers they are doing their jobs everyday for far less money than they deserve.  But all this for a former hot shot sniper killed by another not in service. It is weird.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Replies (31-38):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

NOBODY has to watch it. I won't be.

Quoting glitterteaz:

What part of no one do you not understand?  Thanks for furthering my point that it is ridiculous that one is honored more than another. Furthermore, if people in TX wanted to go to the funeral it was an hour up the road it could have been drove. Not everyone wanted to go so do we get to do as we wish NO we have to watch it on TV yippee!!!

Quoting EireLass:

This has been going on forever (well, on TV). Do you think it was also wrong to have JFK's funeral televised....cancelling the ever-important daytime TV?

Nobody is ignoring the other man, he's just not as well known, he didn't have the same following, he didn't command the same respect within the tight community.

How much do you know about the other person that was shot when JFK was shot? How much did you hear about him? It comes down to notoriety, exposure, etc.

Look at the whole OJ Simpson situation.

Quoting glitterteaz:

I do not think anyone should have televised programs cancelled to be dedicated to their funerals. A mention on the news SURE>... why not. But to televise the event and ignore that another man also was killed with him. I find it to be complete BS and over kill to the max.  I do not care about their brotherhood or group. As I stated they are all no better than any other. It is all EGO!

Quoting EireLass:

You have the power to bring alot of attention to anyone. You can create a large following for anyone you think to be a great person. You don't have to 'give a crap' about any group of people, but you have to realize they exist. Certain groups, and if your son-in-law makes it, he will learn quick, what it means to be part of this. The brotherhood is like no other. If you are 'in their circle'...you are in. Who do you think is worthy of big shows?

Quoting glitterteaz:

I know they have conflicting reports of what he was doing one being that he was helping his shooter with PTSD and another saying they were just out shooting.  I really do not give a crap what sector anyone is in I do not think one is any better than another to be honest and my son in law is in training for the SEALs.  I have friends in all branches and while some have bigger heads they all fight for the same thing and deserve no higher praise than another. I never said this man did not do good deeds, but millions do great deeds without getting a tinker tape parade! 

Quoting EireLass:

Do you know what he was doing at the time?He has been doing alot more than just 'wrote a book', since his retirement.Maybe you aren't really aware of the SEAL team and their society?

Quoting glitterteaz:

I get that, but... really he was murdered not in battle but by another crazed soldier.  Half mast is over kill in my opinion as well.  We here didn't do it for Whitney. But really if they are going to give that much attention to a former soldier who wrote a book... why not to all those who died in action. And really show it on every channel???  I mean had we wanted to see it we could load up and go for goodness sake. 

Quoting tooptimistic:

As a sniper he had the most confirmed kills.  He was very well liked.  My husband is having a fit the flags are not flying at half mask for him but did for Whitney.  He was an American hero, and I feel was worthy of he hupla.  We make a big deal over people who play sports, so why not him?   

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM

LOL it is over and you obviously aren't in TX

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

What part of no one do you not understand?  Thanks for furthering my point that it is ridiculous that one is honored more than another. Furthermore, if people in TX wanted to go to the funeral it was an hour up the road it could have been drove. Not everyone wanted to go so do we get to do as we wish NO we have to watch it on TV yippee!!!

Quoting EireLass:

This has been going on forever (well, on TV). Do you think it was also wrong to have JFK's funeral televised....cancelling the ever-important daytime TV?

Nobody is ignoring the other man, he's just not as well known, he didn't have the same following, he didn't command the same respect within the tight community.

How much do you know about the other person that was shot when JFK was shot? How much did you hear about him? It comes down to notoriety, exposure, etc.

Look at the whole OJ Simpson situation.

Quoting glitterteaz:

I do not think anyone should have televised programs cancelled to be dedicated to their funerals. A mention on the news SURE>... why not. But to televise the event and ignore that another man also was killed with him. I find it to be complete BS and over kill to the max.  I do not care about their brotherhood or group. As I stated they are all no better than any other. It is all EGO!

Quoting EireLass:

You have the power to bring alot of attention to anyone. You can create a large following for anyone you think to be a great person. You don't have to 'give a crap' about any group of people, but you have to realize they exist. Certain groups, and if your son-in-law makes it, he will learn quick, what it means to be part of this. The brotherhood is like no other. If you are 'in their circle'...you are in. Who do you think is worthy of big shows?

Quoting glitterteaz:

I know they have conflicting reports of what he was doing one being that he was helping his shooter with PTSD and another saying they were just out shooting.  I really do not give a crap what sector anyone is in I do not think one is any better than another to be honest and my son in law is in training for the SEALs.  I have friends in all branches and while some have bigger heads they all fight for the same thing and deserve no higher praise than another. I never said this man did not do good deeds, but millions do great deeds without getting a tinker tape parade! 

Quoting EireLass:

Do you know what he was doing at the time?He has been doing alot more than just 'wrote a book', since his retirement.Maybe you aren't really aware of the SEAL team and their society?

Quoting glitterteaz:

I get that, but... really he was murdered not in battle but by another crazed soldier.  Half mast is over kill in my opinion as well.  We here didn't do it for Whitney. But really if they are going to give that much attention to a former soldier who wrote a book... why not to all those who died in action. And really show it on every channel???  I mean had we wanted to see it we could load up and go for goodness sake. 

Quoting tooptimistic:

As a sniper he had the most confirmed kills.  He was very well liked.  My husband is having a fit the flags are not flying at half mask for him but did for Whitney.  He was an American hero, and I feel was worthy of he hupla.  We make a big deal over people who play sports, so why not him?   

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't even make sense.  Do you know who ordered the flags half staff for Whitney?  The governor of NJ.  If your husband is pissed, tell him to talk to the governor of Texas.  This has nothing to do with what was done for her and Texas could do that if they so chose.  Guess they didn't think he was worth it.

I have no idea who this guy is ... so it matters none to me.  I was reading the article wondering what body of water he walked on that an entire stadium was filled.  I figured it must has been something amazing he did.  We've seen so many people die.  I don't get it either, why this one stands out.

Quoting tooptimistic:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Well, there ya go! I didn't watch it. It didn't interfere with my life. It only interferes if you let it.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

This has been going on forever (well, on TV). Do you think it was also wrong to have JFK's funeral televised....cancelling the ever-important daytime TV?Nobody is ignoring the other man, he's just not as well known, he didn't have the same following, he didn't command the same respect within the tight community.How much do you know about the other person that was shot when JFK was shot? How much did you hear about him? It comes down to notoriety, exposure, etc.Look at the whole OJ Simpson situation.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting tooptimistic:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Funny I wanted to watch a show that was interupted by a funeral against my will. Where did I let it interrupt what I wanted to do? Oh wait I am the station that changed the programing for the day? NOT! Ooops looks like it interfered with my life and I had nothing to do with it! So much for flawed theories!

Quoting EireLass:

Well, there ya go! I didn't watch it. It didn't interfere with my life. It only interferes if you let it.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

This has been going on forever (well, on TV). Do you think it was also wrong to have JFK's funeral televised....cancelling the ever-important daytime TV?Nobody is ignoring the other man, he's just not as well known, he didn't have the same following, he didn't command the same respect within the tight community.How much do you know about the other person that was shot when JFK was shot? How much did you hear about him? It comes down to notoriety, exposure, etc.Look at the whole OJ Simpson situation.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting tooptimistic:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM

If your life, and happiness within your family is a result of daytime TV, than the problem is not a Navy SEAL

Quoting glitterteaz:

Funny I wanted to watch a show that was interupted by a funeral against my will. Where did I let it interrupt what I wanted to do? Oh wait I am the station that changed the programing for the day? NOT! Ooops looks like it interfered with my life and I had nothing to do with it! So much for flawed theories!

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting tooptimistic:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Oh now your adding words to my mouth that were NEVER said nice touch. I said I wanted to watch a show and it interfered with that really stupid getting all that from a simple statement. 

Quoting EireLass:

If your life, and happiness within your family is a result of daytime TV, than the problem is not a Navy SEAL

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting tooptimistic:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I know what you said, I can read it. And you just reiterated it. You're all worked up because you couldn't watch your TV show.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Oh now your adding words to my mouth that were NEVER said nice touch. I said I wanted to watch a show and it interfered with that really stupid getting all that from a simple statement. 

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)