Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monkees Star Davy Jones 66, died in 2012. I just found out about this :(

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 15 Replies

While watching the Emmy's last night, they have a segment where they show the artists that have died in the previous yr.  (2012).  One of them was Davy Jones.  When I was a teen, I loved him!!  He was the first crush I had!! lol.  I don't remember hearing a report about this.  He died of a massive heart attack. 

Here's the link, just click on the title when the page comes up.  "The Monkees Star Davy Jones dies at 66, Sidney Morning Herald".  For those that are too young lol to know about the "Monkees" & Davy Jones.  One of their songs was "I'm A Believer"...(later used for Shrek)...I don't know how to do those 'direct link', but this article is really neat.  It shows him when he was young & then at around 66.  Then, there's also a video of the "Monkees" series from TV.  It's pretty neat!

http://www.smh.com-au/entertainment/music/the-monkees-star-davy-jones-dead-at-66-20120301

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarryRain
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Geebus. I'm all sad now. How did I miss this?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I didnt know that either

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

♪♪ Daydream believer and a homecoming queeeeeeeeeeen ♪♪

Big fan of the Monkees as a kid

punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this
It was actually February of last year (almost a year now) and I remember at least one post in this group about it.

Not saying everyone should have seen it though. I remember the thread cuz I was a huge fan as well and was sad to hear he'd died.
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I was so sad when he died.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM

That group had some neat songs. Sis and I used to watch the series, totally silly show but a lot of fun to watch and of course there was also...Davy Jones. Sad that he's gone.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I use to watch the reruns on nick at night when I was a kid. Davy was my favorite. I remember when he died. I was sad.
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Looking back at those videos of their show, seeing how 'funny' they were  made me laugh.  Because, it was a show I never missed.  lol.  Boy, the things we 'teens' watched back then, comparison to today.   

Quoting turtle68:

♪♪ Daydream believer and a homecoming queeeeeeeeeeen ♪♪

Big fan of the Monkees as a kid

Raesreppilf
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don't keep up with dead celebrities, but my sister is obsessed with them.  Every year for Christmas I scan a list of famous people who have died that year, and fill a box of stuff to represent some of these celebrities.  Davey Jones was represented in her box at Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured