Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gun nuts, now even nuttier!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 63 Replies

Armed Pro-Gun Protesters Occupy Oregon State Capitol

A handful of protesters also entered the Capitol building itself and brandished assault rifles and other guns in the Capitol rotunda.

A few hundred pro-gun demonstrators rallied outside the Oregon state Capitol on Friday to  protest efforts to enact gun safety laws. A handful of protesters also entered the Capitol building itself and brandished assault rifles and other guns in the Capitol rotunda:

The Oregonian has  more pictures of the armed protesters here. Oregon law permits persons with concealed carry permits to openly carry weapons within public buildings, so the armed demonstrators behaved lawfully provided they had valid permits while standing inside the Capitol.

Ian Milhiser is a Policy Analyst and Blogger on legal issues at the Center for American Progress and the CAP Action Fund.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

BUMP!

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM
16 moms liked this

I thought guns kill people. And nobody died in this and they all had assult weapons. whoa that is heavy. Need to sit down before I pass out.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

morons at work!!!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM
4 moms liked this

Does  not make me feel safer.. in fact, makes me feel even more nervous and paranoid. Wonderful

1Giovanni
by Becca on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:03 AM
6 moms liked this
Ok what makes them nuts? Because they did everything legal or they are protesting what they believe in?
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think these protests are going to be the next mass murder showdown....not from the protester but from someone who sees it as a great place to take their automatic and have noone think twice....and gun down a few people...and then go down in a blaze of glory :-(

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting turtle68:

I think these protests are going to be the next mass murder showdown....not from the protester but from someone who sees it as a great place to take their automatic and have noone think twice....and gun down a few people...and then go down in a blaze of glory :-(

Or just accident, ala the several reported at gunshows & dealers on "gun appreciation" day.
As easy as, say, a photographer backing up to get a good photo angle...bumping into Joe Blockhead Gunrights' semiauto he's got slung across his back...& oops! Ya know I didn't know!! There was still one in the chamber!...they collide, Mr Blockhead G. drops/reflexively sqeezes trigger on the semiauto...& one of those two cute little girls on the steps in the first photo above is...not seeing her next birthday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN