Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it will occur and 800k civilian employees will be furloughed?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Sadly, I think you're right.

Quoting LauraKW:

I think the House would rather sink the boat than try to compromise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
But they'll be able to blame it on Obama then.

Quoting punky3175:

I'm sorry you're getting cut back that much. It's things like his that Congress isn't thinking about. Have you written your representative? I think in actually going to do that and explain all of this. Because they sure don't seem to be thinking about it. And maybe I'll mention I don't fear replacing him when the time comes if he does not act to STOP the sequestration. They are going to send the economy in reverse if they let this happen. Especially around DC (where I live.)

Quoting smushy79:

For us, we are to be furloughed 1 day a week, so I will be missing $1100k a month from my pay. I cannot do this!!!! So many people will not be able to pay their bills. I think I read somewhere that it will "save" the Gov't 6.4 billion dollars. However, that is 6.4 billion dollars less into the economy people can spend, which will trickle down hill because businesses/ shops will see less revenue, etc.

Quoting punky3175:

Maybe when all civilians to include federal law enforcement, DoD, and other such departments are shut down one day every two weeks (our current rumored plan) or one day every week (rumored DoD plan) it'll hit home how much Federal employees really are responsible for.

I also wonder how big a hit the economy is going to take as we stop spending in preparation to be furloughed. Then if it happens I'm sure my apartment complex and loans aren't going to care if I have a $300 drop in my pay every pay day. They're still going to want their money. And funny enough, in my job, I must have a responsible financial background. Wonder how 'blame Congress' is going to go over if federal employees fall behind on bills?

Grrrrr...it just pisses me off that these idiots can't do what's best for the country.

Quoting smushy79:

I work for the Gov't too and I am sooo sick of this every year. Although this year it seems like it is inevitable.

Quoting punky3175:

I just want to know if I'm going to be furloughed or not. I'm sick of them waiting until the last f-ing minute to make deals. Luckily I have a lot to do at work so the fear of being furloughed isn't killing my motivation to work.

But I am with Woodbabe - fairly certain it's going to happen so 'they' (both sides) can prove some kind of ridiculous point. All while collecting their full (overpaid) salaries.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Such total, complete asinine ignorance.

Quoting LauraKW:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Perhaps you would like to discuss what I said instead of calling me names.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting LauraKW:

punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
And I'm sure there are idiots that will really, truly believe this is all Obama's fault. And continue to elect the same morons into Congress.

Quoting LauraKW:

But they'll be able to blame it on Obama then.
meriana
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the house really wants to throw the nations economy into a very strong reverse as they see that as the only real chance they have at winning the White House come election time when they can go about convincing people they can "fix" everything if given the chance. Of course counting on people being so worried about just getting by, they'll forget that the ones saying they'll fix it were a very large part of the problem that created it. It's all about protecting the very top of the ladder, giving them everything they want and the rest of the country be ... well you know.

Billiejeens
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I didn't call you any names.

I stated that your post is full of words that are total complete asinine ignorance.

(same old bullsqueeze that you always spew though)

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting LauraKW:

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a done deal. 

I find the blame throwing on here ridiculous.  Have you stopped for a moment to think of the real reason WHY it has come to this?  Our country is spending twice what it is bringing in.  Raising taxes on everybody won't even fix it.  The new tax increas they implemented is already spent...all at one time on pork filled Hurricane Sandy bill.

The gravy train is out of fuel and we are seeing the necessary beginning of its grinding halt.  These particular cuts are some of the worst they could have chosen from.

If you are going to place blame you have to put it on the ENTIRE Congress and the President........they are the ones that agreed to it.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM
You make that amount in 4 days?

That's almost my paycheck every two weeks...

Quoting smushy79:

For us, we are to be furloughed 1 day a week, so I will be missing $1100k a month from my pay. I cannot do this!!!! So many people will not be able to pay their bills. I think I read somewhere that it will "save" the Gov't 6.4 billion dollars. However, that is 6.4 billion dollars less into the economy people can spend, which will trickle down hill because businesses/ shops will see less revenue, etc.

Quoting punky3175:

Maybe when all civilians to include federal law enforcement, DoD, and other such departments are shut down one day every two weeks (our current rumored plan) or one day every week (rumored DoD plan) it'll hit home how much Federal employees really are responsible for.

I also wonder how big a hit the economy is going to take as we stop spending in preparation to be furloughed. Then if it happens I'm sure my apartment complex and loans aren't going to care if I have a $300 drop in my pay every pay day. They're still going to want their money. And funny enough, in my job, I must have a responsible financial background. Wonder how 'blame Congress' is going to go over if federal employees fall behind on bills?

Grrrrr...it just pisses me off that these idiots can't do what's best for the country.

Quoting smushy79:

I work for the Gov't too and I am sooo sick of this every year. Although this year it seems like it is inevitable.

Quoting punky3175:

I just want to know if I'm going to be furloughed or not. I'm sick of them waiting until the last f-ing minute to make deals. Luckily I have a lot to do at work so the fear of being furloughed isn't killing my motivation to work.

But I am with Woodbabe - fairly certain it's going to happen so 'they' (both sides) can prove some kind of ridiculous point. All while collecting their full (overpaid) salaries.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Well hi there, your ooziness, we've certainly been lacking in the uneducated voice without you. Glad to see your intent is to discuss the topic at hand so rationally.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I didn't call you any names.

I stated that your post is full of words that are total complete asinine ignorance.

(same old bullsqueeze that you always spew though)

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting LauraKW:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured