Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes.. once you pay them..you normally get no say in how they are spent...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 36 Replies
So why do people feel so personally by Violated or ripped off by the entitlements spending?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gammie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

When you are getting government aide it is about survival!

It's not a second pay check that now you can go out and Tattoos, beer, smokes and drugs.

It's about taking care of your family while you go out and find a better job or get one.

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I agree.

Quoting gammie:

When you are getting government aide is about survival!

It's not a second pay check that now you can go out and Tattoos, beer, smokes and drugs.

It's about taking care of your family while you go out and find a better job or get one.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

You may not get to say where those specific dollars are spent, but you absolutely have a right to speak up about how tax dollars in general are spent.

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My question no still stands why is the entitlement spending for welfare and social security why did that kind of spending time with people apart so much when they don't get a say in the other kind of spending that our government does especially since that comes from the same tax dollars you would think they would be just as upset as about those kind of wastes...kwim?
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Who says we aren't? Most consevatives I know do not like the waste across the board it's just liberals like to point out our dislike of the massive entitlement spending cause it makes look like big old meanies who want the babies to starve in the streets.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

My question no still stands why is the entitlement spending for welfare and social security why did that kind of spending time with people apart so much when they don't get a say in the other kind of spending that our government does especially since that comes from the same tax dollars you would think they would be just as upset as about those kind of wastes...kwim?

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM

You elect representatives to have your voice on how those dollars are spent, so when you do not like it you do have a right to speak out and be heard. However, it is the will of the whole not the will of a few that is supposed to be represented.

I will say this if they thought a majority of people were going to revolt against entitlements spending you would see them go away within hours. After all they were put in place for the very same reason. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

WTF does this say?

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
You are capable of reading it.. others have... I am sorry for errors.. cellphone isnt easy to work with :)

Quoting furbabymum:

WTF does this say?

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Bump
frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this

You got me. I've read it three times and it still is extremely disjointed. Punctuation would have helped enormously.

Quoting furbabymum:

WTF does this say?

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured