Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fluff: Mama Fail or those moments that make you shake your head!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm having the kind of day that makes me wonder what the heck I was thinking having kids.

So, please, make me laugh with either (or both):

1. Your biggest parenting fail. We all have at least one moment when things just went very, very wrong.

2. Rules you never, ever thought you'd need to make in your house.

I had to make a rule that you may only pick your own nose (we also expressed a preference for no-nose picking, but please, if you must, only your own).

We also have a rule that you may not talk about anything that lives in or happens in your pants in public. Public includes Grandma's house.

Also, only one boy may pee in the potty at one time. And each boy may only hold his OWN penis, helping your brother aim does not improve the aim.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Replies (21-23):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I got a good giggle.

I'm exhausted. When I think of soe of the ridiculous rules we've had to make/enforce I'll be back. Great post!

specialwingz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Some of the best memories of my life!  LOL

Quoting GLWerth:

My oldest two are 17 months apart and tried to do everything together. I can't imagine twins, it scares me!

But I bet it's fun sometimes too!

Quoting specialwingz:

This one made me lmao.  Reminds me of the days when I was potty trining my twin boys.

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting GLWerth:

I'm having the kind of day that makes me wonder what the heck I was thinking having kids.

So, please, make me laugh with either (or both):

1. Your biggest parenting fail. We all have at least one moment when things just went very, very wrong.

2. Rules you never, ever thought you'd need to make in your house.

I had to make a rule that you may only pick your own nose (we also expressed a preference for no-nose picking, but please, if you must, only your own).

We also have a rule that you may not talk about anything that lives in or happens in your pants in public. Public includes Grandma's house.

Also, only one boy may pee in the potty at one time. And each boy may only hold his OWN penis, helping your brother aim does not improve the aim.

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my biggest parenting fails is when I thought goldfish would be a good first pet for the girl-child. She was 3 when I got them for her. A week after having said goldfish, I noticed it was awfully quiet in the living room while I was doing dishes. When I went out to check on my tiny tornado, she was innocently standing with her hands behind her back. There were mysteriously no fish in the tank. When I looked for them, I found them under a tiny cairn of fish tank pebbles. They had their eyes poked out and had been squashed. Poor fishies. Poor, poor fishies. We had to bury them at sea and have a talk on why it's not okay to play with fishies. Needless to say, she did not get anymore pet fish for a while.

Second parenting fail. We often go across the road to my neighbor's awesome pond to catch frogs, pollywogs, newts and mosquito fish (a lot like mollies for those who don't know, but smaller). We had caught a mosquito fish to look at in a bucket. Lo and behold, I turn my back for a minute and turn around and when I turned back, there was no fish in the bucket. So I asked my darling daughter where the fish had gone. She looked at me and said "I ate him". And she had. At least it was a likkle fishie. 

lol

Rules? A few. We don't poot on people. We don't stick our naked tushies in the air and pretend to skunk spray anyone. Don't eat slugs. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN