Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

JUST BECAUSE IM CONSERVATIVE.....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 36 Replies
4 moms liked this

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

With light and love

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

one that many conservatives perpetuate.

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Yea, true...

Quoting Sekirei:

one that many conservatives perpetuate.

With light and love

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

yup

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

Not that every Republican is a conservative, but the majority are. It's not hard to see where the anti-gay label comes from when 69% oppose equality for gay couples. 

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Lol

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

With light and love

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

I identify as Christin like I believe in God and all that jazz but I'm not a church goer I don't have a lot of faith in the church. I don't care about gay issues as they don't effect me do whatever you want I don't care.

Saying that all conservatives are homophobes is like saying all liberals are smelly hippies.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do you think being a Christian is an unfortunate thing?

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

You should be a liberal with that kind of hypocrisy. 

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Quoting Lunarprancer:

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

It would be a stereotype to assume that ALL American political conservatives fit that mould.

But, if you had to guess what percentage of registered Republicans (not the same as conservative, but close and better defined) were the Leviticus sort of Christian, what number would you put on it?  And how do you think that would compare with registered Democrat voters?

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured