Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

JUST BECAUSE IM CONSERVATIVE.....

Posted by   + Show Post

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

With light and love

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I didn't judge anyone.  I made a statement about myself.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Why do you think being a Christian is an unfortunate thing?

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

You should be a liberal with that kind of hypocrisy. 

With light and love

GoddessAnna
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I have taken to clarify that I'm a fiscal conservative rather than just a conservative. Most social issues aren't a matter of government to begin with.

If it makes you feel better, there are a lot more of us out there. I have met many in person and more on the Internet.

As an aside, I've never been polled. I'm biased against them all, even the ones that swing my way. I see no reason why anyone puts any faith into them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this
And you judged liberals. Don't judge me unless you know me.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Interesting take.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Easy there.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

See where the stereotypes come from? You just experienced it right here with Poodles. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I didn't judge anyone.  I made a statement about myself.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

It was a joke, like the stereotype, hence the wink. I did read something about a Mexican company buying the recipe(s). I try to avoid that kind of stuff but Hostess is part of my childhood so I do indulge on occasion.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Despite living in Chicago, there are a few Republicans here. However, they tend to be of your ilk. Secular, non homophobic. I can take them seriously. I cannot take religious fundamentalists who want to turn the government into a theocracy seriously. This is a republic. Religion has no part in the goings on of a republic. 

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I know it was a joke.  I was joking back.  I just neglected to add the Sweet Pea.  I would break down and get twinkies once in a blue moon.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting grandmab125:

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

It was a joke, like the stereotype, hence the wink. I did read something about a Mexican company buying the recipe(s). I try to avoid that kind of stuff but Hostess is part of my childhood so I do indulge on occasion.

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)