Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

JUST BECAUSE IM CONSERVATIVE.....

Posted by   + Show Post

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

With light and love

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
KristenFowles
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm guilty of typically making that assumption..  However, with good reason..

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I'm guilty of making that assumption with conservatives. In all fairness, I live in Oklahoma.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I didn't judge anyone.  I made a statement about myself.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Why do you think being a Christian is an unfortunate thing?

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

You should be a liberal with that kind of hypocrisy. 

But you also implied it's unfortunate to be a Christian.  I asked why you feel that way. 

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

I know it was a joke.  I was joking back.  I just neglected to add the Sweet Pea.  I would break down and get twinkies once in a blue moon.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting grandmab125:

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

It was a joke, like the stereotype, hence the wink. I did read something about a Mexican company buying the recipe(s). I try to avoid that kind of stuff but Hostess is part of my childhood so I do indulge on occasion.

Sorry, my bad. Tough to tell online and I get a ton of grief for my medicinal choices.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I am a Conservative, but I don't often fit the mold due to my liberal social views.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Yup

Quoting chloedee:

Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

Not that every Republican is a conservative, but the majority are. It's not hard to see where the anti-gay label comes from when 69% oppose equality for gay couples. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM

wink mini 

Quoting Friday:

Quoting grandmab125:

I know it was a joke.  I was joking back.  I just neglected to add the Sweet Pea.  I would break down and get twinkies once in a blue moon.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting grandmab125:

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

It was a joke, like the stereotype, hence the wink. I did read something about a Mexican company buying the recipe(s). I try to avoid that kind of stuff but Hostess is part of my childhood so I do indulge on occasion.

Sorry, my bad. Tough to tell online and I get a ton of grief for my medicinal choices.

grandma B

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Have not read the thread yet.

I've never assumed that about any one, conservative or not. 

I do know that many conservatives consider some one even remotely liberal to be any thing other than Christian.  They should stop assuming also.

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I didn't imply, or mean to anyway, anything.  I was stating that assumptions are made too quickly.  

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

But you also implied it's unfortunate to be a Christian.  I asked why you feel that way. 

With light and love

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I didn't imply, or mean to anyway, anything.  I was stating that assumptions are made too quickly.  

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

They are indeed---like assuming it's unfortunate to be labeled a Christian.   Gasp should anyone think THAT of you!  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN