Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minimum wage consistent with the cost of living? 9 bucks an hour to start with?

What do you think of what the president said?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (191-191):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM

is that what happened to you? I sowi. Now run a long!

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting glitterteaz:

let me just echo... I don't care...I don't care...I don't care... My give a damn on the topic is Busted...busted...busted... busted 

smfh

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting glitterteaz:

That is just the point employers seem to think oh, so this is all I have to pay, so that is all I am going to pay. I think minimum wage should be increase to way higher. Give take breaks to those who pay even higher. People who work the hardest get paid the least in this country. Don't believe me... go get a job digging a ditch or a sewer.  

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think he is hell bent on obliterating the middle class.  Minimum wage was never meant to be a wage to raise a family on....it is the just starting out counter girl/burger flipper wage.  Raising the wage only raises the cost of goods and brings the wages of no skilled labor closer to the wages of skilled labor.  Pay is and should be based upon the work at hand and the skill required to do the job.

Let me just echo what many others have said-minimum wage is not SUPPOSED to support a family!  It is a start up job,like for school kids.  When your skills increase,your pay should increase.  I made $1 an hour in the 70's babysitting as a teen.  My 1st job was min wage,$3.35 an hour to start at Long john Silver's Restaurant at age 17.  1983.  1991 I graduated nursing school and starting wage was $13.75 an hour.  From babysitting to fast food to nursing,I have been on my feet in a job for 36yrs.  Work is hard!  Argh.

Shake that head and scramble that brain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured