Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Christopher Dorner was burned alive-"We're gonna go forward with the plan, with the burn". "Burn that motherf***ing house down"

This is a recording of the Police Scanners synced with the CBS Broadcast of Dorner standoff.

At 12:17 you hear:
To jump there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjr_VvbT8s&t=12m20s

Quote:

"We're gonna go forward with the plan, with the burn."

"Copy"

"Its err, like we talked about."

"7. Burners deployed and we have a fire."

"Copy 7. Burners deployed and we have a fire."

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=archives&feedId=13484

If you want to listen to the scanner directly you can use the link above. It does cost money to sign up and use the service though.

If you have any doubt there is also:

Still have doubts how about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sisVskohj1k#t=78s

(The link for people who want to skip to 1:24)
For those who cannot watch videos. at around 1:24 you hear, "Burn it down" Then, "Go get the gas", followed by, "yeah, burn it down".

This is before the fire was there. And then shortly after. Surprise. Fire.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Replies (191-200):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this
They used the same canisters at Waco. They knew what would happen.

Quoting taniamorse85:

I heard the scanner recordings on the news.   They explained that the burn/burner references have to do with a particular type of tear-gas canister.  They deployed two different types of tear-gas canisters into the cabin.  The first was a so-called 'cold' canister, and the second was a 'hot' or 'burn' one.  The second type of canister is known to cause fires, but it doesn't always do so.  Also, I can't remember whether it was after the 'cold' canister or after the 'hot' one, but officers heard a shot go off inside the cabin.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Weren't the cops undercover?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Do you have a source for your assertion that they were given orders?

I have seen nothing that suggest that. Or is that entirely based on what you heard from your family?

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Well, thank you for the warning. I'm simply stating what I've been told by others. And never once did I say that there was no corruption because I know there is and have stated so. But I do know that the bs being posted on line and accusations made by Dorner are not all true. And I've been very careful with what I've said, the only thing I've mentioned was the women were given orders they didn't follow. That's what I've been told.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Not friends, family...and some families do talk, believe it or not.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

He should have thought about that before started shooting at officers and ran into the cabin. If he would have pulled over got out of his truck and Surrendered instead of shooting 2 cops killing 1 he wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. You obviously have it out for cops, I've said my peace, I'm done here. Good night.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Did you watch the video? There is a point that after firing so much there is a cloud of smoke rising up. And an officer still fires despite the fact there is no way he can see what he is firing at.

Does that look like the kind of group that is willing to take someone in alive? He choice was die inside or die outside. Same choice really.

lancet98
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Well then what about the report that the sherrif said the fire was NOT intentionally set?

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM
What about the recording that says different?

Quoting lancet98:

Well then what about the report that the sherrif said the fire was NOT intentionally set?

viv212
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
This is what I have been saying all along. The cops spokesperson is still saying today they don't know how the fire started. Yet, here's the police scan. And as above, the tear canisters. And the cops don't know if Dorner was alone and it was not confirmed at the time that this was Dorner; yet, no efforts were made to put out the fire.

Quoting ashellbell:

What about the recording that says different?

Quoting lancet98:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Hmmmm Im undecided about the whole thing.  I really do feel that he felt he needed to do the things he did....having the rant through the manifesto I thought I had felt that anger and justification.  Him having to steal a van like a thief in the night...means he wasnt as set up as he appeared to be (from his writings) and then to be caught and chased into a cabin and either take his life because he was cornered....just smacks of incompetence, something his writings didnt convey.  Now Im thinking he was writing a fantasy story....which smacks of crazy IMO.

I do agree that the incompetence of the LAPD has been highlighted though.

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't think he was crazy, nor do I think he went out like a coward. He made his terms with death and he chose his route. If he killed himself, he didn't let the LAPD take him out. Was his ego over inflated? Probably, but whose ego isn't inflated when they're 8 shades of pissed off. The fact that it took that many police officers to take one man down kind of helps prove his point of how incompetent they really are.

Quoting turtle68:

In a way I feel kind of deflated....it was just a blowarse who was all talk and no action.  Another crazy who thought himself bigger than everyone else.  A murderer who's rants will go down in the books as another nutjob.  A man slighted who murdered and then died like a coward.

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Regardless of their perceived "crimes" I don't for one second believe that the proper "punishment" for the perceived wrongs he believed they committed was death.  

The daughter of the man that represented him when he was being fired certainly didn't do anything to him and neither did her fiance.   That was clearly revenge not "justice".  

IMO, his actions did more to support his dismissal than they supported his claims of wrong doing on the part of the LAPD.  

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Not so sure all those lives were "innocent". I side with his reasons, but not with his actions. You can only push a sane person so far before they become a "madman". This is the case.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting katy_kay08:

The man targetted innocent lives for the purpose of revenge.  He had already shot and killed one of the officers in the standoff yesterday.  He of course had the option to come out of the house when it started to burn.  He made active choices throughout the entire ordeal.  

It's horrible what he did...I do not feel remorse for how his life ended.  

I should have clarified. This post isn't to say, "They should have given him more chances to come out alive".

But in the other Topic people were saying that the fire was an "accident" or that Christopher Dorner did it himself as a 'diversion' to escape.

This post is to clarify that was not the case. The fire was clearly intentional and deliberate. I believe everyone agreed that Christopher Dorner was going to die that day. I doubt anyone foresaw him burning alive though.

so was your sympathetic reply above of "judge, jury and executioner" about Dorner or the police?  

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I think the problem is that he was one man vs. the largest man hunt california has seen (In recent history at least).

He was also 6 ft tall and 270 lbs so it is not like he could just blend in.

No amount of training or expertise would allow him to continue his cop hunt without being found. It's hard to miss/not notice a 6 ft tall 270 lb black man.

The fact that he was able to stay outside of their scope for so long says a lot. But he does not have super powers. He is only a man. I think everyone knew it would end this way (Well not in fire).

Quoting turtle68:

Hmmmm Im undecided about the whole thing.  I really do feel that he felt he needed to do the things he did....having the rant through the manifesto I thought I had felt that anger and justification.  Him having to steal a van like a thief in the night...means he wasnt as set up as he appeared to be (from his writings) and then to be caught and chased into a cabin and either take his life because he was cornered....just smacks of incompetence, something his writings didnt convey.  Now Im thinking he was writing a fantasy story....which smacks of crazy IMO.

I do agree that the incompetence of the LAPD has been highlighted though.

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't think he was crazy, nor do I think he went out like a coward. He made his terms with death and he chose his route. If he killed himself, he didn't let the LAPD take him out. Was his ego over inflated? Probably, but whose ego isn't inflated when they're 8 shades of pissed off. The fact that it took that many police officers to take one man down kind of helps prove his point of how incompetent they really are.

Quoting turtle68:

In a way I feel kind of deflated....it was just a blowarse who was all talk and no action.  Another crazy who thought himself bigger than everyone else.  A murderer who's rants will go down in the books as another nutjob.  A man slighted who murdered and then died like a coward.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I would agree with you if he was dismissed because of Psychological issues and not because of Falsely Reporting an Incident. Psychological issues does not support Falsely Reporting an Incident.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Regardless of their perceived "crimes" I don't for one second believe that the proper "punishment" for the perceived wrongs he believed they committed was death.  

The daughter of the man that represented him when he was being fired certainly didn't do anything to him and neither did her fiance.   That was clearly revenge not "justice".  

IMO, his actions did more to support his dismissal than they supported his claims of wrong doing on the part of the LAPD.  

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Not so sure all those lives were "innocent". I side with his reasons, but not with his actions. You can only push a sane person so far before they become a "madman". This is the case.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting katy_kay08:

The man targetted innocent lives for the purpose of revenge.  He had already shot and killed one of the officers in the standoff yesterday.  He of course had the option to come out of the house when it started to burn.  He made active choices throughout the entire ordeal.  

I should have clarified. This post isn't to say, "They should have given him more chances to come out alive".

But in the other Topic people were saying that the fire was an "accident" or that Christopher Dorner did it himself as a 'diversion' to escape.

This post is to clarify that was not the case. The fire was clearly intentional and deliberate. I believe everyone agreed that Christopher Dorner was going to die that day. I doubt anyone foresaw him burning alive though.

so was your sympathetic reply above of "judge, jury and executioner" about Dorner or the police?  

I d

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Which part would you agree with me with "IF".  I'm sure you don't think that the correct course of action for being dismissed for lying is to go out and shoot people you perceived as doing you wrong.   

While his is dismissal doesn't speak to psychological issues, I think his actions do and it seems that they made the correct choice of getting this ticking time bomb off the force.  

His choices detracted from his case against the city and the police department.  I have zero interest in his message given the means in which he opted to share it all with us.  IMO, they had it correct when they labelled him a domestic terrorist.  

Quoting brookiecookie87:

I would agree with you if he was dismissed because of Psychological issues and not because of Falsely Reporting an Incident. Psychological issues does not support Falsely Reporting an Incident.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I d

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN