Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The republican rebuttal

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 95 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have to say that the smug look on the mans face did not inspire warmth in me from the beginning but I got just plain angry when he suggested that investment in clean energy was unwise given our new innovative processes and how we should open up federal land for natural gas extraction.  OOOH I got mad.

Fracking is the rebuttal???

Really???

Thoughts?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Was that Rubio and his infamous drink of water?

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was less than impressed.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I think the only appropriate rebuttal would be "We will all work together to help the American people."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Was that Rubio and his infamous drink of water?

I believe so.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
8 moms liked this
Meh, he underwhelmed me.

He talks about the evils of government and how its intrusion is the downfall of the American nation but he will turn around and say the legislation of morality whether it be drugs, sex, or who marries who are absolutely essential to a safe and prosperous nation.

So it is bad to increase minimum wage and to regulate businesses so they don't pollute or cheat people but we need the state to peep into bedroom windows and make sure no one is having illegal sex whether they are married or not. They want big government more than most but they want government out of their money and into the lives of the poor and sexually active.
I blame Augustine and Paul for the state of our country not to mention those wacky puritans who believed happiness was in itself a sin as it took glory from god
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM
The oil guys influence and fund Republicans and none of them care about clean alternative energy. The Koch brothers bought the Repubs.
The whole thing is disturbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Complete disconnect from what the President addressed, or the issues we are facing now as a country.

So in that regard, he pretty much captured the state of the Republican party. 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't watch, nor did I see the hi lite of the night when Rubio took a sip of water. Public speaking can dry up your mouth real quick! That is why you see cups next to a host, guest, or public speaker on TV. Most try not to interrupt the flow by partaking in a little sip, but sometimes it just can't be avoided due to cotton mouth.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know why we need to have State of the Union addresses anyway. We all know the state of our union, it's a hot mess. Stop interrupting my evening programs please.
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol.. doesn't number of people struggling to the point of needing foodstamps to feed their families and the unemployment rate say it all about the state of the union??  

We didn't watch either.  I am betting part of his plan included building roads and bridges, because at this point it is the same speech that has now been recycled four or five times.

Quoting KamWorthy:

I don't know why we need to have State of the Union addresses anyway. We all know the state of our union, it's a hot mess. Stop interrupting my evening programs please.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN