Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

And the Dorner plot thickens...dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

Dorner's mother was spotted at a Mexican restaraunt, sipping wine and having casual conversation with a friend while watching the manhunt unfold on TV...

This is insane to me...As a mom, i can't imagine being together enough to even leave my home if this was my child...Maybe she knows something the rest of us don't?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/12/dorners-mom-spotted-drinking-wine-eating-chips-while-watching-standoff/

Thoughts?

LA PALMA (CBSLA.com) — The mother of quadruple homicide suspect Christopher Dorner Tuesday was spotted at an Orange County Mexican restaurant watching the Big Bear standoff on television.

CBS2/KCAL9’s Michele Gile said a woman matching Nancy Dorner’s description was with a female friend at La Capilla Mexican Restaurant in La Palma around 3:30 p.m.

Gile said the 62-year-old woman was drinking a glass of white wine and eating chips and salsa as CBS2/KCAL9 covered the latest developments on the deadly shootout between Dorner and sheriff’s deputies.

Gile, not knowing she was speaking to the suspect’s mom, said she told the two women that Dorner’s mother lived nearby.

She also asked the pair if they knew the 33-year-old fugitive.

The women shook their heads “no.”

When Gile and her news crew left the restaurant, the bartender said Dorner’s mother asked him a lot of questions.

“Right after you left, she got nervous. She started asking me questions, like if I knew (Dorner)…what I know about him…stuff like that. She was watching the TV, but she wasn’t really concerned about it. She was busy talking to her friend, like it was just an everyday thing,” said Joseph Munoz.

Employees said the ladies spent about 30 minutes at the bar.

Gile said she later went to Dorner’s home in La Palma. About 10 minutes after she arrived there, she saw the woman from the restaurant, who neighbors identified as Dorner’s mother, pull into the driveway and go in the house.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Not sure what to say about this

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I imagine he talked to her before this and told her everything. So this probably wasn't a shock to her.

I have no idea how one would react if they knew there son was in a stand off with the cops, and about to die and has killed people. But drinking at a bar would be one way to handle it for some.

I don't see how this thickens the plot. To me the whole find two wallets, and two sets of ID at two different locations.

And they find a charred body in a burned down house-But the wallet/id were found. To me that would be more of a "plot thickens" than this. But that's just me.

Quoting pamelax3:

Not sure what to say about this

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM

There's more going on than what the media is saying. I wouldn't be surprised if this was staged (I'm not saying that it was, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was). 

We all react differently. Who knows what that woman is going through. 

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Agree. 

Quoting mehamil1:

There's more going on than what the media is saying. I wouldn't be surprised if this was staged (I'm not saying that it was, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was). 

We all react differently. Who knows what that woman is going through. 

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Wine and chips and salsa? No no no noooo, chips and salsa take a beer. Or margarita.

I am not sure why this is news, other than to provide fodder for judgment.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, we're the country that announced Kim Kardashian's pregnancy as news...Everything is news.

Quoting Radarma:

Wine and chips and salsa? No no no noooo, chips and salsa take a beer. Or margarita.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hands down margarita....LMAO

Who knows what kind of relationship she has with her son.  Maybe this is par for the course.  Doesn't really matter what she was doing anyway.  I'm shocked the writer even wrote an article about it.  Isn't the news about her son, not her?

Quoting Radarma:

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I really don't think the body found was Dorners. Maybe why his mother wasn't too concerned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Who knows if this story is true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN