Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

you and your husband-political views

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you and your husband share the same political views? Are you polar opposites?

My husband is ultra conservative. I am libertarian. Things get interesting in our house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We share the same views on most things. We're both Independents. I'm more supportive/interested in social justice than he is, and he's more into the political stuff than I am.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We have very similar views. We're neither Democrat or Republican. We're more middle of the road.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM

We're not polar opposites, but I'm far more of a libertarian than he is.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
We are pretty much match on everything with a few exceptions.
He was a city boy and I grew up in a small southern town so there are bound to be differences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM

We are very close.  He was President of the College Democrats back in school, as are many of those raised Catholic.    I've always been pretty Libertarian.  As he ages, he is coming closer to the Libertarian side. 

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We're very similar, the only thing we disagree on is the death penalty.

mandaday
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM
We agree on most things. But we have a lot of fun debating the things we disagree on. Our views are more alike now than they used to be as we have each influenced each other on certain topics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Very similar.  I am more middle of the road than he is, but we both lean right.  To be honest I wouldn't have continued dating him if was a Democrat, just like I wouldn't have dated him if we wasn't Christian.

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
We are the same in some aspects and different in many. He's pretty extreme in his views, I'm much more passive. We can get into some pretty heated discussions on topics we greatly disagree on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tambrathegreat
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

What's the difference between Ultra-conservative and Liberatarian?  I really don't know.

Hubs and I are both liberal, me leaning more toward the Green Party, and him full-on Democrat.  We agree on most things except the Death Penalty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)