Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you and your husband-political views

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you and your husband share the same political views? Are you polar opposites?

My husband is ultra conservative. I am libertarian. Things get interesting in our house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (61-65):
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM

We're both more or less libertarian.  He tends to be more socially and fiscally conservative than me but when we did the "I side with" poll before the elections last fall, we both identified most strongly with moderate candidates and Libertarian.

tambrathegreat
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My ex had PTSD.  I feel for you both.  It's sometimes hard to cope with and often does lead to violence.  I'm glad your hubs doesn't turn it on you.  I'm sending good thoughts to both of you.

Quoting sherry132:

I'm a lot less "violent" thinking. I don't mean he is violent or who do anything, but he gets pretty worked up and sometimes destroys things in his anger. (Before you judge, know he has PTSD severe, and a Moderate Traumatic Brain injury. He is in treatment and never gets violent towards people, just things.)

I'm more of "meh, it is what it is." Not really overly interested in most of it. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We share very similar views but we are also slightly different which keeps the fire burning!

He is getting more and more conservative.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM

My husband is the kind of person who hears what other people say or talk about and adheres to it. He believes other people's opinions to be factual. It's kind of sad. He's a work on progress.

almondpigeon
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

My husband & I are exactly the same as you described.  We have had to stop conversations before because they get so heated. It's nice, though, to be able to have a different view point to think about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured