Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I plan on being a stay at home mom until I retire.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 249 Replies
7 moms liked this

I love being a stay at home mom. The kids benefit and I'm fulfilled. What could be a better combination? The only issue is pay. But now I discovered how I can do what I love and get paid for it too

I'm going to be a nanny. Because after all, what is a nanny but a stand in mom while the parents are at work? I'll get to do everything I do do now, except get a pay check and have the luxery of giving the kids back at the end of the day,lol.

What do you think?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
7 moms liked this

I think it's great you found a career you would enjoy.

I think calling a nanny a stand-in mom is going to piss a lot of people off, and rightfully so.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Whatever makes ya happy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

*facepalm*

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

So are your children's teachers stand-in moms?

godsgirl26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I wouldn't say *stand in mom* but nanny sounds about right :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :-)

And why would it piss anyone off? Nanny's are there to give children the stay at home mom experience while their parents have the opportunity to pursue their own careers. It's a win win situation.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I think calling a nanny a stand-in mom is going to piss a lot of people off, and rightfully so.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AlekD
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Me too. Hopefully some day I will be able to afford to go to school though (possibly online) and I also hope to write, which if I can be at all successful in that it would bring in a little pay.

My mom was a nanny before she had us. She was a live-in nanny though so she wasn't at home. She has some interesting stories from that season in her life, haha.

I love being at home :) I know you have different religious views than me but I feel that I am called to this life by God. Do you feel that way at all? (just curious) I know that my life as a stay at home mom takes on a religious aspect because it allows me time to pray quite a bit. Some of my friends call me the "little nun" because of it, lol. (sorry for bringing religion into it. lol. Not trying to hijack your thread.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

If you reprove someone, you yourself get carried away by anger and you are satisfying your own passion; do not lose yourself, therefore, in order to save another

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh? Edit: I'm a bit slow today.

No their teachers aren't stand in moms because they don't preform the same function as a mother would. Although, contrary to popular opinion, they are helping to raise them. These men and woman are with my child 6 hours a day. They care for them, teach them and guide them. They are a big part of my child's life and I'm very grateful to them :-)              

Quoting talia-mom:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Someone who cares for and teaches my children is not a stand in mom.

If I had a nanny that called herself that, she would be gone.   A nanny is a nurturer and an important part of the lives of many children.   But they are never a stand in mom.   They are an employee paid to care for the children and follow the rules and beliefs the parents want.

Quoting paganbaby:

Huh?

Quoting talia-mom:

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
7 moms liked this

A nanny's job isn't to give the child a "stay-at-home mom" experience.  Her job is to keep the children safe and entertained until the parents get home.  A nanny could never love her charge the way the parents do, so there is simply no comparison between a nanny and a SAHM.

It's kind of arrogent to suggest that it is even remotely the same.  That's why it will piss people off.

Quoting paganbaby:

Thank you :-)

And why would it piss anyone off? Nanny's are there to give children the stay at home mom experience while their parents have the opportunity to pursue their own careers. It's a win win situation.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured