Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are Democrats Harboring Illegal Immigrants?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this

President Obama called for stronger border security during last night’s State of the Union address. I wonder if he was aware there were at least five illegal immigrants sitting in the House chamber?

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) invited Gabino Sanchez, an illegal immigrant with a criminal record. Sanchez, whose record is littered with misdemeanor charges liked driving without a license, is fighting deportation.

Yet this man – who is putting American drivers at risk – was given an opportunity not afforded to law-abiding taxpayers. He was allowed to sit in the House chamber mere yards away from President Obama.

“This is a big step for Dreamers and indicative of how far this movement has come,” illegal immigrant Julieta Garibay told the Dallas Morning News. Ms. Garibay was a guest of Rep. Marc Veasey (D-TX).

The Daily Caller reported that five Democrats, including First Lady Michelle Obama, welcomed illegals into the People’s House. Mrs. Obama’s guest was 20-year-old Alan Aleman, a beneficiary of her husband’s Dream Act.

So how were illegal immigrants allowed to enter one of the most secure buildings in the nation’s capitol?

It’s a question that is even more perplexing since every person in the room was required to have a Social Security number.

A memorandum from the Sergeant at Arms, obtained by The Daily Caller, states: “For guests who do not posses a valid Congressional ID, please provide their full name, Social Security number, and date and place of birth.”

The average legal American can’t board a jetliner without getting a prostate exam from the TSA – but people who are not even legal citizens can waltz right through the front doors of the U.S. Capitol?

It was a stunning visual – prominent Democratic lawmakers harboring illegal immigrants and flaunting their disregard for the law on national television.

Every Republican in Congress should have refused to enter the chamber until the undocumented had been rounded up and arrested. Instead, they allowed the U.S. Constitution to be sullied and federal law to be ignored.

According to federal law, harboring an illegal alien is “illegal under both federal law and some state laws.” The crime is punishable by up to five years in prison.

It’s too bad Ted Nugent didn’t try to make a citizen’s arrest.

But even more offensive is the blatant lack of respect shown for law-abiding, tax-paying Americans who were denied the honor of attending the State of the Union.

Why not invite the survivors of the Benghazi attack? Why not invite the widow of American hero Chris Kyle? Or what about immigrants who came to the Land of the Free legally?

In the final moments of President Obama’s address he suggested a new interpretation of the word “citizen.”

“It’s a word that doesn’t just describe our nationality or legal status,” he said.

But in truth, it does. Those of us born in these United States – are in fact citizens. Those who come to our shores legally – are in fact citizens. Those who sneak across our borders in the dark of night — are not.

The Democrats who flaunted the law are not explaining their decisions — but it seems pretty clear to me.

Their allegiance is to the illegal immigrant — not the American taxpayers

source

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/uncategorized/why-are-democrats-harboring-illegal-immigrants.html

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

Todd is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America. Click here to get your copy

the writer,Todd...."Dispatches from Bitter America...LOL. We all knew that these Bloggers and Fox News have been "bitter" since 2008 and the Election of the evil Democrat,.Barack Obama.

Poor Todd, admittedly a bitter person.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
So are you asserting it is not true?

Quoting lga1965:

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/uncategorized/why-are-democrats-harboring-illegal-immigrants.html

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

Todd is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America. Click here to get your copy

the writer,Todd...."Dispatches from Bitter America...LOL. We all knew that these Bloggers and Fox News have been "bitter" since 2008 and the Election of the evil Democrat,.Barack Obama.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Good question but that doesn't seem to be relevant to her.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I question the word "harboring".
It's extreme. But the Blog seems extreme....and the blogger has an agenda.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I think the bigger question is why were Republicans OK with it (since they didn't clear chamber as blogger thinks they should have). If you're not part of the solutions, you're part of the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM
It's typical of you to talk about me behind my back. . So I can see it.....
Tacky and rude.
you have no clue.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Duh, that is why I said what I did, I knew you were in here, you had already responded and I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.   I was right.

Quoting lga1965:

Tacky and rude.
you have no clue.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Fox News source being extreme-No surprise.

Quote:

I wonder if he was aware there were at least five illegal immigrants sitting in the House chamber?

How does the blogger wonder this when he later clarifies they were invited? I guess it was to get someone like Candlegal here to post it on a forum like this. And it worked hook line and sinker.

Quote:

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) invited Gabino Sanchez, an illegal immigrant with a criminal record. Sanchez, whose record is littered with misdemeanor charges liked driving without a license, is fighting deportation.

I doubt many consider driving without a license the hard life of a criminal. But again this blogger probably knows people who don't care about the facts would eat up the criminal record part.

Quote:

Yet this man – who is putting American drivers at risk – was given an opportunity not afforded to law-abiding taxpayers. He was allowed to sit in the House chamber mere yards away from President Obama.

How is he putting American drivers at risk? Because his hard life of a criminal where he has a misdemeanor like driving without a license?

Quote:

So how were illegal immigrants allowed to enter one of the most secure buildings in the nation’s capitol?

They were invited. I believe the blogger answered  this question  a few times.

Quote:

The average legal American can’t board a jetliner without getting a prostate exam from the TSA – but people who are not even legal citizens can waltz right through the front doors of the U.S. Capitol?

Two completely different issues. I would agree that the TSA is out of control. That is completely unrelated to Immigration. And illegal immigrants cannot just, "waltz" right through the front door. Being invited and waltzing through are completely different things.

Do they allow anyone to write for Fox News?

This person isn't trying to write an article about illegal immigrants. He is trying to get a rise out of people. The only people who would look at this article and think, "He is so right!" are people who blindly believe anything a conservative says via Fox News. And I am not saying you are a person like that Candlegal. But you often post from blogs and from articles that are obviously wrong and after the article is proven wrong you leave it up. And by wrong I don't mean it has a different view point but where it says something that is a complete lie. For example the article you posted saying that the average health insurance for a family is going to cost 20,000 but it was proven that was not the case on the first page.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM
11 moms liked this

I imagine all of the Republicans' illegals were being kept too busy gardening and doing childcare at shit wages to come.  What a shame. 

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Resist ?
Your posts are usually a bunch of bloggers and liars. I reject them as inflammatory rants with a very biased view. Just like your views.
it's so typical of conservative knee jerk thinking.
I respond to rational unbiased posts.
Thus , I will move on.

Quoting candlegal:

Duh, that is why I said what I did, I knew you were in here, you had already responded and I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.   I was right.

Quoting lga1965:

Tacky and rude.

you have no clue.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting lga1965:

your link didn't work.

This is a Blog......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured