Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing for the long weekend?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is what the kids and I will be doing this weekend.  What are your plans?

You've found us! The Great Northwest Glass Quest in Stanwood and Camano Island, WA

The Great Northwest Glass Quest
February 15 through 24, 2013

You're invited to participate in the greatest treasure hunt in the Pacific Northwest!  This is your opportunity to search for and find unique Glass Treasures hand-blown by Mark Ellinger, world-renowned glass artist. 

Now in it's fourth year, the Great Northwest Glass Quest joins an elite community of glass art treasure hunts, pioneered by Lincoln City, Oregon’s “Finders Keepers” and Jekyll Island’s “Island Treasures”.  

"Clueballs" will be hidden at a variety of host businesses and in community sites around the Stanwood-Camano area.  Find a "Clueball" and return it to the location identified inside for an authentic limited edition Glass Treasure.  

The Official Event Guidebook identifying where the "Clueballs" are hidden will be available at both the Stanwood and Camano chamber offices and at both A Guilded Gallery & Snow Goose Bookstore in Stanwood and Camano Island Coffee Roasters starting February 15th. You can also find them at the Windermere Realtor offices at Terry's Corner. With booklet in hand you will be ready to start your Quest!

And don't forget -- when you go to businesses that are participating in The Great Northwest Glass Quest, but do not find a "Clueball", ask your business host to stamp one of the three Official Entry Forms found at the back of your Booklet.  Five stamps from five different host businesses will allow you to enter the drawing for one of the genuine Glass Treasures to be given away in March 2013.  You do not need to be present to win the drawing.  Your completed Entry Form also allows you to purchase a Glass Treasure at a reduced price, available at A Guilded Gallery,Camano Island Coffee Roasters, Glass Quest Hand Blown Art Studio.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I will be spending all my "off" time at the new house painting, cleaning and laying down new flooring.  When I'm not doing that I will at work.  Once I get through March, I will be able to just have a weekend to relax.  

Peanutx3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

all the work on the house will be worth it in the end!

Quoting katy_kay08:

I will be spending all my "off" time at the new house painting, cleaning and laying down new flooring.  When I'm not doing that I will at work.  Once I get through March, I will be able to just have a weekend to relax.  

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

working

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

You're moving? Are you excited?

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We're going to be painting and putting new molding in all of the bedrooms. We've ordered furniture for the Nanny's room and for our son's room.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM

That sounds like sooooo much fun. My kiddos would love that.

DH has to work, so we are going to his campus to meet him for lunch and a walk around the campus. They have an amazing botanical program and the grounds are like a big free botanical garden. We have several large shrubs in full bloom at the moment. Our city is known for their amazing Azaleas which are just now peeking out.

Neon Washable Paint

Peanutx3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Fun!

Matt and Allison (our youngest) found one of the glass balls 2 years ago.  I'll have to see if I have the pic on my computer at home.

Quoting NWP:

That sounds like sooooo much fun. My kiddos would love that.

DH has to work, so we are going to his campus to meet him for lunch and a walk around the campus. They have an amazing botanical program and the grounds are like a big free botanical garden. We have several large shrubs in full bloom at the moment. Our city is known for their amazing Azaleas which are just now peeking out.

GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My kids have school on Monday, I think DH works too.

Peanutx3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Really?  I thought all schools were closed for President's day.

Quoting GLWerth:

My kids have school on Monday, I think DH works too.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We don't have a long weekend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured