Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What are you doing for the long weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what the kids and I will be doing this weekend.  What are your plans?

You've found us! The Great Northwest Glass Quest in Stanwood and Camano Island, WA

The Great Northwest Glass Quest
February 15 through 24, 2013

You're invited to participate in the greatest treasure hunt in the Pacific Northwest!  This is your opportunity to search for and find unique Glass Treasures hand-blown by Mark Ellinger, world-renowned glass artist. 

Now in it's fourth year, the Great Northwest Glass Quest joins an elite community of glass art treasure hunts, pioneered by Lincoln City, Oregon’s “Finders Keepers” and Jekyll Island’s “Island Treasures”.  

"Clueballs" will be hidden at a variety of host businesses and in community sites around the Stanwood-Camano area.  Find a "Clueball" and return it to the location identified inside for an authentic limited edition Glass Treasure.  

The Official Event Guidebook identifying where the "Clueballs" are hidden will be available at both the Stanwood and Camano chamber offices and at both A Guilded Gallery & Snow Goose Bookstore in Stanwood and Camano Island Coffee Roasters starting February 15th. You can also find them at the Windermere Realtor offices at Terry's Corner. With booklet in hand you will be ready to start your Quest!

And don't forget -- when you go to businesses that are participating in The Great Northwest Glass Quest, but do not find a "Clueball", ask your business host to stamp one of the three Official Entry Forms found at the back of your Booklet.  Five stamps from five different host businesses will allow you to enter the drawing for one of the genuine Glass Treasures to be given away in March 2013.  You do not need to be present to win the drawing.  Your completed Entry Form also allows you to purchase a Glass Treasure at a reduced price, available at A Guilded Gallery,Camano Island Coffee Roasters, Glass Quest Hand Blown Art Studio.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Replies (41-43):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

You could always come a little further north and see me!!!!!   :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

That sounds like fun!

Well, I'm stuck over here in Lakewood.  We have four days off, counting today.

My daughter is being brought over by her Dad.  We will go see Seattle tomorrow.  Other than that, and studying Monday, we shall see.

PM me, here or on FB.  :)

We just noticed, a few hours ago, how damn close Mt. Rainier is to the base. lol We were stunned at how beautiful it is.  All the clouds, we had no idea.  lmao

It's an amazing mountain isn't it.  It makes me feel so insignificant.

Took my breath away.  I posted a pix I took on my FB.  I so need to get closer to it.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

You could always come a little further north and see me!!!!!   :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

That sounds like fun!

Well, I'm stuck over here in Lakewood.  We have four days off, counting today.

My daughter is being brought over by her Dad.  We will go see Seattle tomorrow.  Other than that, and studying Monday, we shall see.

PM me, here or on FB.  :)

We just noticed, a few hours ago, how damn close Mt. Rainier is to the base. lol We were stunned at how beautiful it is.  All the clouds, we had no idea.  lmao

It's an amazing mountain isn't it.  It makes me feel so insignificant.

Took my breath away.  I posted a pix I took on my FB.  I so need to get closer to it.

Matt and I have taken the kids hiking on the mountain.  It is truly breath taking.  

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:22 PM

It's a long weekend?  I didn't know.  lol

No plans that I know of, I have one kid off at camp. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)