Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fifth Graders In Washington Accused Of Plotting To Kill Fort Colville Elementary School Girl

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 37 Replies

Fifth Graders In Washington Accused Of Plotting To Kill Fort Colville Elementary School Girl

Posted: 02/15/2013 11:03 am EST | Updated: 02/15/2013 3:43 pm EST

Fifth Grade Murder Plot
One of two fifth grade students accused of plotting to kill a female classmate at Fort Colville Elementary School.

Two fifth graders in Washington State admitted to plotting the murder of a girl in their class and intending to harm at least six other students, according to court documents released Wednesday.

The pair of Fort Colville Elementary School students -- ages 10 and 11 -- were arrested Feb. 7 after authorities found them with a knife, a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol and a full ammunition clip, The Spokesman Review reports.

The would-be killers were thwarted after a fourth-grader notice one boy playing with a knife and alerted a school teacher.

According to court documents, the younger boy had been in a "short-term dating relationship" with the girl he allegedly planned to kill because "she's rude and always made fun of me and my friends," KTVB reports.

"Yes, I just want her dead," he added.

According to CNN:

The boys' plan called for the older to stab the girl off-campus with a 3.25-inch knife last week, and the younger boy would scare off any responders with a .45-caliber Remington 1911 semi-automatic handgun, court documents said.

Washington law states that children ages 8 to 12 are "presumed not to have the mental capacity to form the intent to commit crime," according to KOMO. But prosecutors believe the boys had deliberate intentions.

"This was a plan. And it was a plan to kill," Timothy Rasmussen, Stevens County prosecuting attorney, said Thursday, according to the LA Times.

The boys each face charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, tampering with a witness and conspiracy to possess a firearm

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

WOW What is becoming of now days kids???

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

10 years old boys charged with plot to murder? It's unreal, scary. simple frown

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

BUMP

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM
6 moms liked this

OMG. Too many violent movies, too little parent involvement in their lives, too many bad examples set for these kids. It is just frightening how many kids seem to have no morals, no sense of right and wrong, no respect for LIFE.

Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Wow. That's scary... I wonder what's going to happen to all of them, and if all of them really were on board.

KrissyV
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

So sad.  To have no regard for human life at such a young age...  :(

Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I'm not sure if I agree that it's too many violent movies or bad examples. If that was so, we'd be seeing way more of these things happening. I think it was probably something wrong with the boy himself. Lack of parental involvement could be a factor too.

Quoting lga1965:

OMG. Too many violent movies, too little parent involvement in their lives, too many bad examples set for these kids. It is just frightening how many kids seem to have no morals, no sense of right and wrong, no respect for LIFE.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I just can't get over that this is 10 and 11 year olds. OMG

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I agree.

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Me too. Can you see 10 year old on the bench, accused of planing to murder his 10 years old GF?

Quoting soonergirl980:

I just can't get over that this is 10 and 11 year olds. OMG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured