Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

New Study Suggests Pretty Women Have Less Casual Sex Than Less Attractive Women. Why?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 158 Replies

New Study Suggests Pretty Women Have Less Casual Sex Than Less Attractive Women. Why?

Welp, here’s some new study that seems to inherently make a whole lot of sense. Just like the study that says people who eat real vegetables are healthier than people who eat McDonald fries for theirs, or people who live next to freeways have less healthy lungs than people who live in the Connecticut countryside. Sociologist Elizabeth McClintock of the University of Norte Dame released a study basically suggesting that more attractive women have less casual sex than “unattractive” women, because the less-pretty will often negotiate sex as a compromise. Her study included both men and women, but for this post I’m going to just concentrate on the women. Highlights:

Women

1. For women, the number of sexual partners decreases with increasing physical attractiveness.

2. Very physically attractive women are more likely to form exclusive relationships than to form purely sexual relationships.

3. Attractive women are less likely to have sexual intercourse within the first week of meeting a partner.

4. Underweight and normal-weight women are more likely to report romantic experience.

5. Overweight women report approximately 10% more partners than normal-weight women whereas obese women report approximately 10% fewer partners.

6. For women the effect of being underweight on within-relationship outcomes resembles the effect of being very physically attractive.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/study-suggests-pretty-women-casual-sex/

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
9 moms liked this

I think it has to do with "less attractive" (though of course that is subjective!) women thinking that they need to put out or they wont be able to keep their guys because of how they look. :(

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

punky3175
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Just wow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In this case I think how beautiful a person thinks themselves to be is an important factor.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Based solely on the anecdotal observations I made of my peers in college, this could be true.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this

You can choose because men want you for your looks.

The less attractive think they have to put out to get any attention.  A 4 is an 8 after beer goggles.

And yes, many are going to hate what I said.   But I am far from wrong.

punky3175
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I watched it in the Army when I was deployed but I also think the more attractive women may feel less need to make their sexual exploits known.

I actually saw it in my last job. The larger girl in the unit was always talking about her sexual exploits because she wanted people to know men wanted her. I'm more discreet about mine.

Quoting NWP:

Based solely on the anecdotal observations I made of my peers in college, this could be true.

x_Starr_x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM
haven't you seen jerry Springer ya enough said hahahaha
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM

That could be part of it. However, I knew one girl who was a titled beauty queen who lived in my dorm. She was home most weekends because no one ever asked her out. Her only dates were usually set up by friends. I think men were too intimidated to approach her. Granted, we are talking about undergraduates here...I am sure they get more bold when they grow up a bit. LOL.

The bigger girl in the room next door was going out with a different guy every week. She bragged about it like you describe.

Quoting punky3175:

I watched it in the Army when I was deployed but I also think the more attractive women may feel less need to make their sexual exploits known.

I actually saw it in my last job. The larger girl in the unit was always talking about her sexual exploits because she wanted people to know men wanted her. I'm more discreet about mine.

Quoting NWP:

Neon Washable Paint

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)