Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Frankenweenie

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 40 Replies

This movie is just ewww.

Its gruesome and sad and gross.  I really wouldnt have let them see it had I screened it previously.

Now that they have seen It I think I will show them Mary Shelleys Frankenstein with Deniro. That may put the frankenstein thing in perspective.

I admit I did not see the end.  I fell asleep when the dog ran back to the cemetery and curled up at his head stone.

Have you seen this movie? What do you think?

I know Tim Burton is twisted but this was more dark than I had expected.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yogamom08
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I personally loved it because I used to watch the original black and white movie when I was a kid.

However, I knew it wouldn't be appropriate for my son. We watched it when he was in bed for the night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I agree it was gross, the ending was kinda sweet though. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting Yogamom08:

I personally loved it because I used to watch the original black and white movie when I was a kid.

However, I knew it wouldn't be appropriate for my son. We watched it when he was in bed for the night.

The littlest one left the movie about the time the dog got hit.  The older two 8 and 9 watched it to the end.

I do think it was aimed at adults more but the 8 yr olds father bought it for them.

Had the children not been watching I may have enjoyed it more if that  makes any sense.  I was upset that they were watching it.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

The fly buzzing out was a bit into the gross factor for me lol.

mama3814
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I watched it with my 14-year-old son. We enjoyed it, but it's probably not a good idea for younger kids.

LoveMyKBabies
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
When pieces of the dog would fall off. Or the cat shit letters the girl was handing out, lmfao.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

The fly buzzing out was a bit into the gross factor for me lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nichole_erin
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I found it a little too sad for a kids movie. My 5 year old dd loved it though, but she for some reason loves the darker movies like that. It made her sad but she still loved it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zinniadaisy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Agreed! And i love me some Burton so i expected a certain degree of all that.

I also love the DeNiro Frankenstien movie but would argue its more gruesome than Frankenwienie and has more inappropriate content (rated R). Have your kids read the book, it's not a difficult read and it's a classic!

Quoting Yogamom08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Quoting mama3814:

I watched it with my 14-year-old son. We enjoyed it, but it's probably not a good idea for younger kids.

I would be fine if the kids were older.  I think it was way to mature for them :| 

And to keep it  in perspective we have watched I am legend and It together.    Its not the scary I object to, it was the dark humor I think.

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The DiNiro film embraces the tragedy well.  It is a tragic story.  I will have to watch it again, I admit I forget about content and remember concepts instead.   This has gotten me in trouble before with movies. One afternoon I though "hubby likes  City slickers 2 I bet the kids could watch that"  So I put it on.  Mistake.  Hello sexual content lol.

I will watch it again alone before I let them watch lol.  I have learned.

Quoting zinniadaisy:

Agreed! And i love me some Burton so i expected a certain degree of all that.

I also love the DeNiro Frankenstien movie but would argue its more gruesome than Frankenwienie and has more inappropriate content (rated R). Have your kids read the book, it's not a difficult read and it's a classic!

Quoting Yogamom08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN