Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OT: I bought new furniture and a man I think... UPDATE....the dateupdate....i got more than broccoli this morning....update pg 20, reply 194.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 224 Replies
11 moms liked this
Another update at the bottom. :-P

So, I recently moved in to a new place and decided to purchase new furniture. I found this adorable red sectional (because I'm a hussy) on the internets and called the store to inquire about it. I spoke to a man named Brian (this plays a role). After work my aunt and I head to the store and am greeted by a fellow my age, I'm not saying I found him attractive but I instantly wished I hadn't looked so worn out and had taken the time to tweeze my eyebrows.

Him "Hi, can I help you?"

Me, "Erm, yeah, I'm looking for Brian. I called earlier about a red sectional."

Guy behind the counter, "I'm Brian"

Then I witnessed the hand off. Right in front of my eyes. They looked at each other, there was a nod, and non Brian said he'd help me. This is how a car must feel when someone calls shotgun. I used my telepathy skills to see if my aunt had witnessed non Brian calling dibs on me or if it was all in my head. The look on her face confirmed my suspicions.

Non Brian showed us the sectional and there was definite flirting from both of us (it's been a while and I'm an attention whore)but I'm too scared to outright hit on anyone.I did manage to score free delivery, 2 lamps, and a plant.There's no shame in my game. Non Brian informs me the stuff will be delivered Saturday (yesterday). Sweet. Have a great day.

So, fast forward to yesterday. I get a phone call around 1:00. It's non Brian calling to tell me the guys had left to deliver my furniture but there was a problem...they've forgotten my plant.Well, that's not cool. He informs me that if I'll still be home around six, he can make sure "someone" brings it by. I quickly realize where this is going. My aunt and cousin are here, I figure, "why not?".

Non Brian shows up at 6:00 pm on the dot. He knocks on the door, I open it, he hands me the plant and says "I'm really sorry they forgot this. Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening." And walks off. I'm perplexed by this. I return inside and about 2 minutes later there's a knock on my door. I open the door and it's him again.

Me, "Was there something else that wasn't delivered?"

Him, "Um, yeah, I just wanted you to know that I think you're really attractive and I was wondering if I could take you out sometime?"

Me, "This is awkward"

Him, "I realize that. I wanted to ask for your number yesterday but froze. When they left the plant I saw an opportunity."

I met him half way and took his number. Now I'm not sure what to do. Part of me finds it to be kind of sweet. Part of me sees that this may be creepy. Perhaps unprofessional. I need advice lol. To call or not to call?

Ok, I called him back. I have a date tonight. I'm fecking nervous. Off to take care of these brows!

cauliflower bouquet attached with a letter that said 'someone has to help the endometriosis invalids'. He might get to second base after this.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

CALL!!!!!!!!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

yep, you're a hussy!

= )

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
You don't think it sounds little too convenient on his part?

Quoting futureshock:

CALL!!!!!!!!

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I'm trying to be!!!!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

yep, you're a hussy!

= )

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

ffs call

huntersmama711
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I say call. Who knows where it may lead?
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Well, you met him 'halfway' but he knows where you live..

I'd call him. Do you know his real name, or is it actually 'non-brian'?

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I'm really shy in real life. I'm a chicken shit. Don't judge me.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

ffs call

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Lol it's Mike

Quoting Raintree:

Well, you met him 'halfway' but he knows where you live..

I'd call him. Do you know his real name, or is it actually 'non-brian'?

activitymode
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Call him. At least he wasn't stalking you and breathing heavily into the phone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN