Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OT: I bought new furniture and a man I think... UPDATE....the dateupdate....i got more than broccoli this morning....update pg 20, reply 194.

Posted by   + Show Post
Another update at the bottom. :-P

So, I recently moved in to a new place and decided to purchase new furniture. I found this adorable red sectional (because I'm a hussy) on the internets and called the store to inquire about it. I spoke to a man named Brian (this plays a role). After work my aunt and I head to the store and am greeted by a fellow my age, I'm not saying I found him attractive but I instantly wished I hadn't looked so worn out and had taken the time to tweeze my eyebrows.

Him "Hi, can I help you?"

Me, "Erm, yeah, I'm looking for Brian. I called earlier about a red sectional."

Guy behind the counter, "I'm Brian"

Then I witnessed the hand off. Right in front of my eyes. They looked at each other, there was a nod, and non Brian said he'd help me. This is how a car must feel when someone calls shotgun. I used my telepathy skills to see if my aunt had witnessed non Brian calling dibs on me or if it was all in my head. The look on her face confirmed my suspicions.

Non Brian showed us the sectional and there was definite flirting from both of us (it's been a while and I'm an attention whore)but I'm too scared to outright hit on anyone.I did manage to score free delivery, 2 lamps, and a plant.There's no shame in my game. Non Brian informs me the stuff will be delivered Saturday (yesterday). Sweet. Have a great day.

So, fast forward to yesterday. I get a phone call around 1:00. It's non Brian calling to tell me the guys had left to deliver my furniture but there was a problem...they've forgotten my plant.Well, that's not cool. He informs me that if I'll still be home around six, he can make sure "someone" brings it by. I quickly realize where this is going. My aunt and cousin are here, I figure, "why not?".

Non Brian shows up at 6:00 pm on the dot. He knocks on the door, I open it, he hands me the plant and says "I'm really sorry they forgot this. Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening." And walks off. I'm perplexed by this. I return inside and about 2 minutes later there's a knock on my door. I open the door and it's him again.

Me, "Was there something else that wasn't delivered?"

Him, "Um, yeah, I just wanted you to know that I think you're really attractive and I was wondering if I could take you out sometime?"

Me, "This is awkward"

Him, "I realize that. I wanted to ask for your number yesterday but froze. When they left the plant I saw an opportunity."

I met him half way and took his number. Now I'm not sure what to do. Part of me finds it to be kind of sweet. Part of me sees that this may be creepy. Perhaps unprofessional. I need advice lol. To call or not to call?

Ok, I called him back. I have a date tonight. I'm fecking nervous. Off to take care of these brows!

cauliflower bouquet attached with a letter that said 'someone has to help the endometriosis invalids'. He might get to second base after this.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (221-224):
tscritch
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Nervous is good right? Sounds like he's a sweetie!!!

Quoting ashellbell:

I know, right? I'm nervous now lol..

Quoting tscritch:

That is soooo f'ing cool!!!!!

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't know why the full story won't update so here it is

Had to erase the date story for this little update. If you read my endo post some of you know I've been in pain lately and doped up on the legal drugs the drug dealers, uh, I mean doctors have been giving me. Mike has been over on days I don't have Hannah to hang out with my lame ass (I feel like a horse that needs to be put down). Any way he calls last night, simple chat, asked what I was up to. I informed him we were ordering pizza since I hadn't been able to go grocery shopping since I'm too high to drive my child anywhere and in too much pain to walk around that long. He laughed at me calling me a few playful names and said he'd see me this weekend. About 20 minutes ago Hannah goes to take the dogs out and says 'Mom, you may want to come here for a second, it's important'. I begrudgingly get up to see what has fascinated my child so much to bother me in my drug induced slumber. On my porch, there's a few bags of groceries, 2 movies, and a huge broccoli/cauliflower bouquet attached with a letter that said 'someone has to help the endometriosis invalids'. He might get to second base after this.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

He put groceries and movies on your doorstep? How wonderfully sweet, thoughtful and caring.

parentalrights1
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Ah so what lol

Quoting ashellbell:

Bwahahaha! It's only been a month (ish)

Quoting parentalrights1:

He wants your vagina!

Give it to him

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, he's very aware that I'm protective of her and there's no rushing in them meeting yet. I have to make sure things are solid. He's very thoughtful all around.

Quoting punky3175:

You know what I like the most about this? He left the stuff on your doorstep with a note and didn't ring the doorbell putting you in the awkward situation of having to explain to your daughter. He's respecting your desire to put that meeting on hold. (That's what I'm assuming anyway since you said you hang out with him when she isn't with you.) I hate men pressuring to meet my kids. It's been 5 years since anyone I've dated has met my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN