Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OT: I bought new furniture and a man I think... UPDATE....the dateupdate....i got more than broccoli this morning....update pg 20, reply 194.

Posted by   + Show Post
Another update at the bottom. :-P

So, I recently moved in to a new place and decided to purchase new furniture. I found this adorable red sectional (because I'm a hussy) on the internets and called the store to inquire about it. I spoke to a man named Brian (this plays a role). After work my aunt and I head to the store and am greeted by a fellow my age, I'm not saying I found him attractive but I instantly wished I hadn't looked so worn out and had taken the time to tweeze my eyebrows.

Him "Hi, can I help you?"

Me, "Erm, yeah, I'm looking for Brian. I called earlier about a red sectional."

Guy behind the counter, "I'm Brian"

Then I witnessed the hand off. Right in front of my eyes. They looked at each other, there was a nod, and non Brian said he'd help me. This is how a car must feel when someone calls shotgun. I used my telepathy skills to see if my aunt had witnessed non Brian calling dibs on me or if it was all in my head. The look on her face confirmed my suspicions.

Non Brian showed us the sectional and there was definite flirting from both of us (it's been a while and I'm an attention whore)but I'm too scared to outright hit on anyone.I did manage to score free delivery, 2 lamps, and a plant.There's no shame in my game. Non Brian informs me the stuff will be delivered Saturday (yesterday). Sweet. Have a great day.

So, fast forward to yesterday. I get a phone call around 1:00. It's non Brian calling to tell me the guys had left to deliver my furniture but there was a problem...they've forgotten my plant.Well, that's not cool. He informs me that if I'll still be home around six, he can make sure "someone" brings it by. I quickly realize where this is going. My aunt and cousin are here, I figure, "why not?".

Non Brian shows up at 6:00 pm on the dot. He knocks on the door, I open it, he hands me the plant and says "I'm really sorry they forgot this. Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening." And walks off. I'm perplexed by this. I return inside and about 2 minutes later there's a knock on my door. I open the door and it's him again.

Me, "Was there something else that wasn't delivered?"

Him, "Um, yeah, I just wanted you to know that I think you're really attractive and I was wondering if I could take you out sometime?"

Me, "This is awkward"

Him, "I realize that. I wanted to ask for your number yesterday but froze. When they left the plant I saw an opportunity."

I met him half way and took his number. Now I'm not sure what to do. Part of me finds it to be kind of sweet. Part of me sees that this may be creepy. Perhaps unprofessional. I need advice lol. To call or not to call?

Ok, I called him back. I have a date tonight. I'm fecking nervous. Off to take care of these brows!

cauliflower bouquet attached with a letter that said 'someone has to help the endometriosis invalids'. He might get to second base after this.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM

i am hopelessly addicted.

Quoting ashellbell:

I love that you reference Farmville.

Quoting talia-mom:

I'd call.  Meet some place for dinner and see what happens.   You both may discover plenty in common and a mutual attraction or you may just have fun and now have a new facebook friend to give you baby bottles in Farmville 2.

You live once.   Take a chance.   You never know when it is gonna hit.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Omg, me too. Why am I so nervous? I'm clammy.

Quoting krysstizzle:

This is incredibly exciting. It's the most action i've seen in months.

Quoting ashellbell:

Text message has been sent. I'm sweating and I think I'm going to puke.

Quoting Raintree:

lol...

I wish you'd just get this done. I'm stuck here, writing a paper today. I need some diversion. Do it for me!

Quoting ashellbell:

Maybe I should just send him the link to this page. If this doesn't scare him off, he might be crazy.

Quoting Raintree:

Call him and tell him you have an entire internet forum of women wanting to know how this ends. If that doesn't scare him off, he's probably not a creep.

krysstizzle
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my gosh, yes! The cute furniture guy, the plant delivery, the potential to tell this story to yalls grandkids someday ;)

It's the stuff cheesy romantic comedies are made of.

Quoting ashellbell:

Is this considered romantic!!??

Quoting krysstizzle:

Call!!

I'm practically swooning over here from the vicarious romantics. Do it.

punky3175
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
You're nervous cuz it's new. :-) And it's been a while.

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Raintree:

lol...

I wish you'd just get this done. I'm stuck here, writing a paper today. I need some diversion. Do it for me!

Quoting ashellbell:

Maybe I should just send him the link to this page. If this doesn't scare him off, he might be crazy.

Quoting Raintree:

Call him and tell him you have an entire internet forum of women wanting to know how this ends. If that doesn't scare him off, he's probably not a creep.

Themis_Defleo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Call him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Dude I quoted a movie in my text. Dumb and dumber. Wtf is wrong with me?

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Raintree:

lol...

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Raintree:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I love my husband and family more than anything.

But I love reading other people dating now.   I do not know how that would work in teh era of social media and smart phones.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Text has been sent

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

Call him.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM

If he is a remotely cool dude, he will think it is funny.

My husband asked me out the first time because he heard me quote Monty Python to someone else.

Quoting ashellbell:

Dude I quoted a movie in my text. Dumb and dumber. Wtf is wrong with me?

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Raintree:

lol...

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Raintree:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
It's weird. I just Facebook stalked him to make sure he isn't married or weird.

Quoting talia-mom:

I love my husband and family more than anything.

But I love reading other people dating now.   I do not know how that would work in teh era of social media and smart phones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN