Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Does the average mom trust her partner, the father of her children to be able to take care of them?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 148 Replies
In another post about moms working, a poster said - and I'm paraphrasing here - that the average mom finds it difficult to place enough trust in her partner/the father of her children/'a penis' to expect him to care for their kids and home.

Do you agree? Disagree?

I know there are circumstances under which an individual would not trust the child's father, in cases of abuse, neglect, addiction, etc. But I'm talking about the average mom with the average spouse/partner, even ex.

Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no issues.. 

I disagree. and women who have an issue with their husband (the father of their children) taking care of said children, should probably visit a psychiatrist for their trust issues. (barring the exceptions you listed)

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
If that is true, that's just sad. I most certainly trust my husband to take care of our kids. After all, he's not a dumbass. If he was, I would have married him or had kids with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
6 moms liked this
If you can't trust your husband with your children, then you shouldn't be married to him and you're (general you) a dumbass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, I trusted my DH. He was quite talented, smart, energetic and certainly able to take care of the kids. I certainly wouldn't have said " I don't trust the penis". How demeaning .

I wouldn't have married a guy who was all muscle, penis  and no brain. That seems to be the only qualification that some women need: Penis.

My DH could do it all. My Dad too because his mother raised him to help around the house-they lived on a farm and he helped with everything,cooking,caring for his younger siblings. There was none of that expectation of having the women wait on the men kind of thing.And the men were intelligent , too.

Hafsa1
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I would trust my dh, he is absolutely wonderful with ds. I wouldn't trust ds's bio dad, as he does drugs, past domestic violence issues (not sure about current), and there has been questions of inappropriate contact between him and ds....and possibly his gf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I absolutely trust my husband fully to take care of our children and our home. While he was unemployed, he did a fantastic job!

Now... My ex husband is a completely different story...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

My Honey would have been a better SAH than I was.  Do you know he would wash breastpump parts without even being asked?  He's a gem.

My own Honey aside...I think most people (men included) will swim rather than sink when given the choice.  The men might not do everything the same way as the women would, but a few crumbs under the high chair is a little deal, not a big one.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have kids with someone I couldn't trust to take care of them in my absence. no, my husband doesn't do everything the way I do. The kids might go to bed past their bedtime, the baby might be a bit overfed, etc, but I'm not a control freak. my husband is a good father and he tries hard, and that's all I could ask for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM

100% I made the mistake of having my first child with someone who I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't but that was his personality not just because he had a "penis", but I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

nb34
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM

If I didn't trust my husband to take care of my children I wouldn't have had any children with him to begin with. I trust my husband 100 %. That being said, my husband's patience for taking care of the kids all by himself is low. He would have to hire help inorder to do it, but that is a different story, it is not a trust issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)